Complaint Review: GE Capital Credit - Best Buy

• Submitted: Mon, January 10, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, January 10, 2005

• Reported By:Warren Massachusetts
GE Capital Credit - Best Buy
7601 Penn Avenue South Richfield, Minnesota U.S.A.

GE Capital - Best Buy Consumer Rip Off Poor Customer Service Richfield, Minnesota

Several Years ago, I opened a Best Buy Credit Card account, managed by GE Capital Credit Services. In October 2002, both my bank and I contacted GE Capital and told them I was going to pay off the account The amount due we were told was $4096.55. My bank cut a check for that amount and sent it out to the proper address. Apparently the bank check arrived on 11/6/2002 and therefore late. GE Capital applied late charges to my account in the amount of $29.00 (FOR 7 DAYS LATE !) but I never heard from them again.

Approximately A YEAR LATER, I started getting phone calls from a Collection agency stating that I owed approximately $75.00 on my Best Buy account. They couldn't tell me why except that it was a balance due. I disputed the charges then to both GE Capital and the credit report agency. I also disputed the account to Best Buy who was absolutely NO HELP AT ALL !
Zoom to today, The bill is up to $300 and still in dispute. I have always been willing to pay the initial $29 late fee (even though I think it outregeous and cheap to a long time customer) but I refuse to pay the accumulated late charges and fees since I did not learn of the problem for approximately a year and charges have been accumulating all the time this has been in dispute.
GE Capital has No interest in straightening this matter out, other than getting paid what they are trying to rip me off.

Best Buy has been absolutely useless even though I have been a long time customer and spent tens of thousands of dollars at the stores, buying all my electronic needs there. Their attitude has ranged from trying to pass the buck to GE Capital (even though it is BEST BUY name on the card - they just want to stand by while one of their customers gets ripped off by the credit company THEY contract with) to outright RUDE and demeaning!

Dave
Warren, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2005 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Credit-Best-Buy/Richfield-Minnesota-55440/GE-Capital-Best-Buy-Consumer-Rip-Off-Poor-Customer-Service-Richfield-Minnesota-126704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Credit - Best Buy