Complaint Review: GE Capital Retail BanK

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Kevin — Yarmouth Massachusetts
GE Capital Retail BanK
PO Box 965035 Orlando FL 32896 Internet United States of America

GE Capital Retail BanK Fail to send out statements and then charge late fees, Internet

I bought furniture through a local company on Cape Cod. They offered financing through GE Capital Retail Bank. We go the first two statement and made payments. We did not receive the third payment so I went on line, signed up , and sent a payment electronically. We did not receive the fourth statement. I did  not notice it until I missed the due date by 2 days. When I looked on line. I saw that a $25.00 late fee was added to the bill.

I tried to make a payment but it kept kicking it back, with the comment that I had to put in the date that was now past. I tried to pay the whole bill to be done with it and it kicked me out.    I called their customer service number. After 5 minutes of dealing with an automatic voice i was informed that if I wanted to talk to a real person, I would be charged $15.00. I called the furniture company to advise them of what was happenig. Their representative told me that they have numerous other complaints from their customers about not receiving statements from GE Capital.  I wound up paying the bill off through GE Capital's phone system. I would not advise anyone to use this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Retail-BanK/internet/GE-Capital-Retail-BanK-Fail-to-send-out-statements-and-then-charge-late-fees-Internet-1040333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Retail BanK