Complaint Review: GE Capital Retail Bank

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Adolf — San Antonio Texas United States of America
GE Capital Retail Bank
PO Box 981426 EL Paso, Texas United States of America

GE Capital Retail Bank GE Capital Fleet Services took my money from my taxes "2011" EL Paso, Texas

*Consumer Comment: This Doesn't Make Sense!

In the case of identity theft, someone stole my ss# and this company filed a claim with the IRS to take my money. They claim that I had financed a vehicle with them and I have never financed a vehicle with this company. When I call IRS to report that this is a case of identity theft and that this company took my money. All they say is that it is out of there hands. This company filed a Form 1099 against me Cancellation of Debt. When I call GE Capital Retail Bank or GE Capital Fleet Services. They claim to not have anything on file to asset me but, the number given to me was from the IRS directly and no one can tell me where my money went. This was a total of $3,092.47. I sent a letter to them to dispute my case. This letter was sent to the PO Box 981426, El Paso TX 79998 ATTN : DISPUTE DEPARTMENT, this address was given to my by GE Capital and it has been over a year and I have not heard anything from them. I did not take out a vehicle from them but, the person who has stolen my identity for over 10 years now. Every year I have to dispute w-2 from to the IRS because this guy works using my ss# and has not been captured. Who else am I to turn to or is my money just completely gone. How does the IRS allow this to happen knowing that my identity has been stolen for years. The car loan was from like Georgia a state I do not live in or have ever been to.Anyone suggestions

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank/EL-Paso-Texas-79998/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-GE-Capital-Fleet-Services-took-my-money-from-my-taxes-2011-EL-Pas-1013792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Retail Bank

This Doesn't Make Sense!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

No entity can simply contact the IRS and take your refund money!  On the other hand, if that refund money is directly deposited into a bank account, then a creditor can file suit, obtain judgement and ATTACH that bank account.  Based on what you said and how you said it, I have a feeling you are in over your head with this.  I highly suggest you find somebody to help you.  Some question are in order here:  Do you have a bank account and was this money taken from this account?  If so, there is where you should start.  I have a feeling a lot of details are being left out here or you just don't have adequate understanding of what is/has gone on.