Complaint Review: GE Capital Retail Bank

• Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: Caroline — Burlingtton North Carolina United States of America
GE Capital Retail Bank
Orlando, Florida United States of America

GE Capital Retail Bank Carecredit/GECRB GE Capital won't refund my credit on my closed account Orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: Received Credit refund after posting this report

My account was closed by GE Capital Retail Bank/ Carecredit/GECRB back in January 2012 because I cancelled the consumer debt program I was participating in to repay GE Capital.  At that time, my consumer credit counselor contacted GE Capital that I had voluntarily withdrawn and would be repaying the account myself.

I did so until I made one final large payment to pay off the account in March 2012. I ended up overpaying GE Capital by $31.80. Thus a credit owed me.

I called the 800# and waited 15 minutes to get a customer service rep. She then said she was unable to process the credit refund because I was involved with credit counseling. I informed her I was no longer in credit counseling and had been paying the account myself the past 3 or so months.

Her response was that she would still have to transer me. I waited on hold for what the recording said was to talk to someone in the credit counseling part of GE Capital. After 10 minutes I was disconnected.

I should not have to wait another 25 minutes to talk to someone who cannot help me and then get disconnected. This is what consumers hate about banks - if I were 1 hr late making a $31.80 payment, you would sock me with a huge percent rate increase and a fee.

But because the Bank owes me $31.80, it is going to take perhaps the Attorney General and/or BBB and/or Federal Reserve and/or perhaps emails to all the VP's to get my money back - can I charge you a 15% interest rate for every day you are late?

I just want to know what to do to get my $31.80 back. Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank/Orlando-Florida-32896-0061/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-CarecreditGECRB-GE-Capital-wont-refund-my-credit-on-my-closed-acc-868149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Retail Bank

Received Credit refund after posting this report

AUTHOR: Caroline - (United States of America)

I have now received the credit refund in the mail I originally asked for and consider this closed.