Complaint Review: GE Capital Retail Bank

• Updated: Wed, June 11, 2014

• Reported By: Cynthia — Midstate Tennessee
GE Capital Retail Bank
Nationwide USA

GE Capital Retail Bank drastically lowered credit limits after insurance claim was paid Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Really???

*General Comment: How??

After becoming unemployed, i filed an insurance claims on my GE Capital Bank accounts. I was approved. A few weeks after the accounts were paid off, the company drastically cut the credit limits on all of my accounts. I felt totally ripped off. Now the accounts are not worth using because i can't utilize any incentives originally offered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2014 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank/nationwide/GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-drastically-lowered-credit-limits-after-insurance-claim-was-paid-A-1151198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital Retail Bank

Really???

AUTHOR: Cynthia - ()

You know nothing about my career, finances, my circumstances, my lifestyle or me. Nowhere in my, rather small, statement did I solicit judgment. Nothing you assumed was even slightly true. I was simply alerting the public to a business practice. If this is the intended purpose of this website, then I picked the wrong forum to alert consumers of this particular company’s business practices.

#2 General Comment

How??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

How can you be surprised when YOU are unemployeed AND had to redeem the credit insurance?? Did you think that they would just allow you to continue to spend THEIR money?? Sorry but them the breaks. Credit cards allow you to live beyond your means, you are NO LONGER able to do this. It SHOULD be a wake up call for you. Its NOT that they dont think much of you as a customer, its that they dont think youre going to get out/off of unemployment.

Maybe you should use this to get off the credit card train. There are MILLIONS who DO NOT use a credit card, and THEY appear to do just fine. I watched the "credit crash" of the early 1980s and went from living in a 7 bd. 3 bath to section 8 and food stamps. My parents suffered because they used credit in the wrong way. I would hate to see it happen to ANYONE else.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC