tractor

• Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By: truccr — Punta Gorda Florida United States of America
GE Capital
Box 960080 Orlando, Florida United States of America

GE Capital Paypal Smart Connect Misleading Customer Service Abusive $35 late fees charged when current Orlando, Florida

Be wary of GE Capital especially the Paypal Smart Connect.  If you pay your bill too early for the next month because you are going into the hospital, you will still be charged a late charge.  Even if GE Capital customer service tells you that you won't be charged a late charge, don't believe them.  Either their customer service department is not trained or they are trained to mislead and get more $35 late fees.

My entire balance at this point is just late fees that I continue to get charged.  I was told to pay an amount to cover the October and November bill.  I did but was still charged a $35 late fee on a supposed $41 payment.  I wonder how much they earn on all those $35 payments.  They should be ashamed.  On top of that, it took 6 months to start getting a paper statement instead of online that I could not access.  It took 6 months and 3 phone calls.  Unacceptable.  I wrote them a letter, no response.  Today I sent them an email, we will see.  If I get no response, I will file a complaint with the attorney generals office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capital/Orlando-Florida-32896/GE-Capital-Paypal-Smart-Connect-Misleading-Customer-Service-Abusive-35-late-fees-charged-970598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capital