Complaint Review: GE Capitol Retal Bank WalMart Money Card

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: RockinD — Oologah Oklahoma
GE Capitol Retal Bank WalMart Money Card
Internet USA

GE Capitol Retal Bank WalMart Money Card green dot Deceptive sales and usage of Pre-Paid Master Card I Internet

Be aware of this deceptive practice by WalMart in purchasing a 'green dot' prepaid MasterCard debit card.

You cannot use this card out of the box to withdraw your money Until you have successfully activated the card and received confirmation that a "Personalized" card will be sent to you in 7-10 days. Otherwise you get a "Temporary" card (the one in the box you got at the store) which cannot be reloaded and is only good for the amount you put on it when you spent the $3.00 for that "priviledge".

This temporary card cannot be used at an ATM or for some online services. You do not know this from the documentation on the retail box, it is buried deep inside in a tear away layer (try to get it open-I dare ya, lol) accessable only After you purchase the card.

You do not know if you will get a Temporary card or a Personalized one until after you try to activate it online or through an 800#. In my case, it would not recognize my physical address (only been a house here 30 years) because Google maps doesn't know where the address is. So, even though I put in my SSAN (which is total BS anyway), my birthdate and all the other crap, it Still kicked it and wouldn't let me back in to change anything or take my mailing addy POB#.

Calling and emailing MC, Wally (got India call center) had no satisfactory results, They said if I wanted to cancel the card, they would send me a check in 10-14 days!! When I laugh at them and told them this was unacceptable, they said that this is explained in the "CardHolder Agreement" (you know the minibooklet that you can't get to inside the package even after you manage to get the card removed) in Section 4! I s**t you not.

I'd be up for a class action suit on these guys because it appears to be their MO. It has caused me undue stress (I am a heart patient) and has prevented me from enjoying the use of my money. Where's a Rottwieler? ruff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Capitol-Retal-Bank-WalMart-Money-Card/internet/GE-Capitol-Retal-Bank-WalMart-Money-Card-green-dot-Deceptive-sales-and-usage-of-Pre-Paid-1066307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Capitol Retal Bank WalMart Money Card

youd