Complaint Review: GE Captial credit card co

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — ypsilanti Michigan United States of America
GE Captial credit card co
orlando, Florida United States of America

GE Captial credit card co RIpped off for $877 worth of reward points - this is through Sams Club - They need to use a different credit card company orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: GE Captial credit card rewaord

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

*Author of original report: GE Captial credit card rewaord

*Consumer Comment: No RipOff..

I earned $446 worth of rewards in 2011 through GE Captial discover.  The check was accidentally shredded and when I called to ask them to re-issue they said that it already had expired.  I have spent thousands of dollars through this credit card company.  I pay my bill monthly in full on time.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and they would not budge in re-issuing this money.  So I told them forget me as a customer and close my account.  However, I still haVE $316 in rewards coming from 2012 and they said it would be included in my Feb statement.  I just received my Feb statement (3-1-2013) and there was no check.  When I called to ask them where it was they responded that since my acct was closed before the cycle ended that the points were null and void.  That is total bs.  The biggest discount store in the country (Sams Club and Wal Mart) needs to find another credit card company to deal with.  I will fight this and post it everywhere that I can for people not to open a credit card through GE Capital.  GE itself takes billions of dollars in jobs to CHina each year and the public needs to wise up.  Boycott GE as much as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Captial-credit-card-co/orlando-Florida-32896/GE-Captial-credit-card-co-RIpped-off-for-877-worth-of-reward-points-this-is-through-S-1022202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Captial credit card co

GE Captial credit card rewaord

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Yes I did make a mistake, however, given the outstanding record of my payment history and amounts (pay in full every month on time $2000 +) you would think you would work with me.  But as I said before, it doesn't surprise with the company you are linked to -  GE.  I will continue to educate as many people as possilbe on how GE continues to take thousands of jobs to China each year and makes billions of dollars off of consumers.  Despite the fact the my one check was accidentally shredded it does not negate the fact they still owe me for 2012 rewards.

By the way, the meaning of rewards is just that.  Rewarding customers for their dedication to you and monies spent throughout the year.  It is nothing but a gimmick and I am sure you don't make much money on me because of my payment history, but you certainly make it on Sams Club.  When I discussed this with an assistant mgr at Sams, she also agreed with me and said she hates GE Capital as a CC provider.  I will continue to hound Sams Club and if they do not respond to this issue I will take my business down the street to Costco.

We would like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 030513_ror_Anonymous**

We are sorry to hear about your experience.  We would like to answer any questions you may have.  Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Capital

GE Captial credit card rewaord

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

When rewards are earned whether the customer has closed the account or not they should receive all monies due them.  That is what the reward program is for.  Does closing the account mean that I am not responsible for charges that I incurred?  I should have known better when anything is linked to GE-  they are a dispicable organiztion.  As J Immelt continues to take jobs over to wonderful China and then touts his green energy on the government while making billions off the American public is a disgrace.

I will make every effort to never do business or purchase anything GE.  That includes light bulbs, appliances, credit cards or anything that has GE name.  I am still continuing to take this up with Sams Club.  They need to find another cc service or my business will also be severed to them.  I have spent thousands of dollars with Sams using this disgusting GE account and have been an outstanding customer paying bills in full every month on time.

It is disgusting as a very good customer how I was treated by GE Captial.  They are the loosers in the end because the public is not so dumb and I will continue to hammer the unehical practices of this cc company.  People should just support their local banks!!!  I noticed JC Penney has gone the route of GE Capital and be sure my JC Penney account is also closed.  If Sams will not do anything regarding this matter I will take my business to Costco right down the street.  Wise up!!!!

No RipOff..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

They fullfilled their obligation when they sent you out the reward check for $446.  They didn't "accidentally" shred your check..YOU did.  They didn't keep you from calling them until it expired(and probably several months later)..that was YOUR choice.  If this $446 was that important to you then YOU should have been a little more proactive.  Oh and if you want to go with the "well I had a very good reason for not calling them" then unless you can find something written in the reward programs terms that says "no replacement..unless you have a very good reason" you are probably out of luck.

You will find that with just about every "reward" program that once the reward expires or they have issued a check that is non-replaceable and regardless of how you got it, needs to be treated like cash.

It was also not their fault that your hair trigger response was to close out you account, and had you not you would have been able to get your current rewards.