Complaint Review: GE Care Credit

• Submitted: Tue, January 04, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 13, 2009

• Reported By:Luray Virginia
GE Care Credit
PO Box 276 , Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.

GE - Care Credit Card Services ripoff unfair payoffs ridiculious charges Dayton, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: GE Money is going down the tubes so they in turn screw over consumers.

When I first heard of Care Credit it was thru my Dentists office. They told me it was a credit card for dental expenses and set me up with what they thought would be the best means of paying off the debt.

When I received my first bill and finance charge I called Care credit themselves and asked them to explain everything to me because I had been misinformed. I have been making payments to Care Credit for over a yr on time and more then required. I was told that no other finance charges would be added as long as I pd my bill off and that if I did not pay the other deferred charges by the time due I would just have to continue making payments till it was all paid off, just the monthly charges which were high enough.

This month I get a statement from them with $480.00 added finance charge in one lump sum becasue I didn't pay the deferred amount within the time period they get to charge me full finance charge for the year. When I called them about this charge thinking it was an error they imformed me it was deferred finance charges and that I had been misinformed and had to pay it plus additional finance charges on top of that each month till it was pd

Now is this legal for them to do this and why do they get away with this??? Had I been informed properly I would have tried to have pd the balance off long ago. Is there any leagal action I can take against them for unfair practice or soemthing of that sort. Why should they be allowed to double charge on finance charges. I have heard and read many complaints about them and yet they are still getting away with these practices.

Catherine
Luray, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2005 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Care-Credit/Dayton-Ohio-45401/GE-Care-Credit-Card-Services-ripoff-unfair-payoffs-ridiculious-charges-Dayton-Ohio-125838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Care Credit

AUTHOR: Signal - (U.S.A.)

They won't do anything for you . They are money hungry as every other corporations are out there today. Do not deal with GE for anything. GE or GMAC, GM at that. I would never trust the American company ever again with all this loopholes and backstabbing they have done lately to the AMERICAN consumer. Not willing to help, but they are asking FOR BILLIONS in help? Lazy fat cats. They should be denied, where the hell is my fcuking bailout?