Complaint Review: GE Care Credit

• Updated: Thu, March 29, 2012

• Reported By: Franklin — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
GE Care Credit
PO Box 960061 Orlando, Florida United States of America

GE Care Credit On 3/02/2012 I called them to pay off my account by charging the balance due to my credit union VISA card and was told they could not do this. My credit union would have to send it to them. Orlando, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help

*Consumer Comment: You gambled and lost

On 3/02/2012 I called GE to pay them off by charging my balance to my credit union VISA card.  I was told they could not do this - I would have to contact my credit union.  I called my credit union and was told the form was on-line.  I completed the form as required.

My credit union processed the payment on 3/15/2012.  On 3/19/2012 I checked my GE account and it had not been posted.  On 3/22/2012 I received my monthly statement and saw that not only was the payment not posted;  they have added 1,830.90 accrued interest on 3/18/2012.

Today, 3/27/2012 I tried to access my GE account and get the massage that my usercode or passwaord are incorrect.  I used the same ones that I used previously on 3/19/2012 successfully - I teied them three times.

At this point in my frustration I am going to contact the Maryland Consumer Protection Agency to see what recourse I have.

Also, I noticed my Lowes charge card is processed by GE - bye-bye Lowes Card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Care-Credit/Orlando-Florida-32896-0061/GE-Care-Credit-On-3022012-I-called-them-to-pay-off-my-account-by-charging-the-balance-d-859990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Care Credit

We'd like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

Franklin,

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 032912_ror_Franklin **

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Capital

You gambled and lost

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

While you didn't give all of the details, I think I have a pretty good idea of what happened.  You got something like "6-Months No Interest" deal, and waited until the absolute last minute to pay off your account.  You gambled trying to push the "no interest" as long as you possibly could.  But when the payment didn't arrive on time you blame the credit card company, instead of taking responsibility for your lack of action before this point. I am actually surprised that you didn't also try to blame your Credit Union for this...or is that your next report?

Yes this was the last minute because you attempted a Balance Transfer 3 days before it was due, especially if you had 3-6 months to take care of this.  Balance transfers are NOT immediate, in fact I would bet if you ask your Credit Union they will tell you it can take 1-2 weeks, they would also tell you that during this time continue to make your regular payments so you don't get hit with late fees or additional interest.  I would even bet that these notices were somewhere on the form you filled out.

If any good news is to come out of this, it is that based on other reports of people who didn't pay off their bills in time, is that they sometimes waive a portion of the accrued interest charges.