Complaint Review: GE Care Credit

• Submitted: Tue, March 31, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:Hacienda Height California
GE Care Credit
PO Box 960061, Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

GE Care Credit Something is fishy with this company. The company closed my account down for no reason 1 day prior to a major dental surgery. Added security fees for unknown reason. Orlando Florida

I am so upset with this company. I have been making regular payments. Only late 2 times. I never pay the minimum payment. I paid a total of $860.00 in one year on an account that only has a $500.00 credit limit. Yet I still have another 120.00 on the balance. In preparation for my son's major cleft/lip dental surgery at Loma Linda School of Dentristry, I made sure that I was up to date on my account and paying regularly just in case I had to use it for any overage costs the day of the surgery. As you all know PPO Dental, you have to pay a percentage out of your pocket. Well the day prior to surgery, I checked my account balance. I noticed that my available credit was "0". I called Care Credit, after being in a holding queue for 40 minutes, I finally got a "live" person. They informed me that my account was closed due to failling to make payments or making late payments. I was totally shocked. Especially knowing how careful I am with making payments and keeping my account current was very important. The man apologized, was not very sympathetic. I asked to talk to a manager. I waited another 35 minutes in a queue. I female finally got on the call. Was extremely rude from the beginning. She told me that due to my failure to make payments, that they had to shut down my account. I was extremely upset. I was crying. She treated me so terrible. She told me I need to learn how to manage my bills. I told her my situation with my son's scheduled surgery. She could really care less. She told me she had 30 other people in her queue. She said she had no time to talk to me. I explained that I was not concerned about there ACD hold time, wait time, abandon rate. I was concerned with my issue. She continued to yell at me and finally very rudely she hung up on me. I felt terrible. Not only had they shut down my account for no reason, they treated me so terrible. They just don't care. As soon as I hung, I cried and cried. I felt helpless. My son was scheduled for surgery in 18 hrs and there was nothing I could do. I am a Christian, so I bowed my head and just prayed and prayed. I called Loma Linda and explained to them my situation. They understood. I had to reschedule my son's surgery for a month later.

This whole experience was so demoralizing. I have never been treated like this before. I just can't pinpoint what it is, but there is somethng fishy about this company. Almost like they shut down accounts that only have a minimum balance because they cannot manipulate our accounts because there is little to work with. Also they keep adding on this security fee. I have no idea what this is. I suspect this is happening with alot more people. I will do what ever it takes to shut down this company. Please pass on the word. I don't want other people to go through what I have.

Hacienda Height, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Care-Credit/Orlando-Florida-32896-0061/GE-Care-Credit-Something-is-fishy-with-this-company-The-company-closed-my-account-down-fo-439474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Care Credit