Complaint Review: GE Healthcare

• Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: sarah — Elizabeth Colorado United States of America
GE Healthcare
3000 North Grandview Boulevard,Waukesha, PA Internet United States of America

GE Healthcare Patricia Bartlett,John Hilton, Clark Williams Told me I had a job, then asked for $478 for laptop w/software sent via western union to start ASAP...I did not send them any money, but I accepted the job offer (thinking it was real) and in turn, re Internet

*Consumer Comment: Thank you Elizabeth

*Consumer Comment: Team Rebutt is keeping me on my toes

*Consumer Comment: Never send money by WU if you do not personally know the person receiving it

I was recently looking at job boards for employment and came across a listing for a Data entry/Accounting/Administrative position that offers work from home capability and $46/hr pay, with $34/hr for training. I sent my resume and received a quick response from John Hilton, instructing me to set up a yahoo messenger account and to include a gal named Patricia Bartlett on my buddy list. She would be the one to interview me through messenger. I did so, and was offered a job through GE Healthcare (supposedly)! Sounds great, right?! In order to begin, I was told that I would need particular software that could be purchased through a vendor and loaded onto a laptop that would be sent to me via Fed-Ex, along with a W-2 Form to fill out, and all for only $478.00! I hadn't yet sent any money (still haven't), but I quit my other job for this opportunity, so that I could be available immediately! During this process, a task was sent to me via e-mail to complete through MS Excel and sent back...not being totally confident in my skills with MS Excel, I gave it a shot, but sent a copy along to my mother for review before I would submit it (mom's an expert at this)...In talking with my mother (who ironically works for the fraud department of western union), she told me to stop immediately and not to send anything. So that is what I have done, along with sending all of the conversation and e-mail history to her to review.

I am thankful I didn't send the money to them and now know this is a scam, but what hurts now is having quit my other job to pursue all this...I have a large family to support, feed, and take care of, and this scam couldn't have come at a worse time. Now, there will ultimately be a loss of income of $10/hr for the job I resigned from and if I don't find another job soon, things will only get worse!

If you have even an ounce of suspicion that something just isn't right, don't do it! Protect yourself before you go as far as I have, or as far as the other posts from people who have sent out that money, never to get it back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Healthcare/internet/GE-Healthcare-Patricia-BartlettJohn-Hilton-Clark-Williams-Told-me-I-had-a-job-then-aske-907615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Healthcare

AUTHOR: Pam - (United States of America)

I was contacted by the same individual.  A complete waste of 3 days worth of job hunting.  Thank you for taking the time to write your report.  You are not alone, unfortunately.

Team Rebutt is keeping me on my toes

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

HA HA HA HA HA How smart is the Team

Never send money by WU if you do not personally know the person receiving it

AUTHOR: Bobfog - (United States of America)

Never send money by WU if you do not personally know the person receiving it.  This is a common scam.  I am glad you talked to your mother!!