Complaint Review: GE Healthcare

• Submitted: Thu, July 05, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Manchester Connecticut United States of America
GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare hired me to work at home. would send laptop to do so but I had to buy software at $293.99 and they would FedEx laptop to my home. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not much you can do.

GE Healthcare offered me a job working from home.  They would provide laptop to do so but I had to buy software at $293.99 which I did. Now I'm afraid I have been scammed out of this money.  What should I do?

Elizabeth
Manchester, CT 06042

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Healthcare/internet/GE-Healthcare-hired-me-to-work-at-home-would-send-laptop-to-do-so-but-I-had-to-buy-softw-907135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Healthcare

Not much you can do.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" GE Healthcare offered me a job working from home.  "

No they didn't.   Some Internet scammer offered you a fake job in order to con you into sending him untraceable cash.

" They would provide laptop to do so but I had to buy software at $293.99 which I did. "

Didn't it strike you as odd that a company as large as General Electric would require employees to buy their own software?   That's absurd.  Did you notice that communications were through free services like Yahoo, Gmail, etc...?   Real businesses use their own domain names for corporate communications.

You also failed to mention that you were required to send this cash via Western Union personal transfer (which happens to make your cash untraceable).    No legit business does this and there are warnings at W.U. offices and websites about sending such transfers to persons you don't know.  Such a request is a sure sign that you are being scammed.

Sorry, but you have done the online equivalent of handing cash to a stranger on the street.  Hopefully, some of the above red flags will keep you from experiencing this in the future.