Complaint Review: GE MONEY BANK - CHEVRON

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:yucaipa California
GE MONEY BANK - CHEVRON
P.O. BOX 981430 EL PASO, Texas U.S.A.

CHEVRON GE MONEY BANK DISRESPECTFUL ?? VENDICTIFUL ?? OR IS IT A SIGN OF THE TIMES ??? EL PASO Texas

*Consumer Comment: Chevron/GE Money Bank

*Author of original report: CHEVRON WAS FINE WITHOUT G E MONY BANK

*Consumer Comment: Agree with first rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: ITS NOT CHEVRON - ITS GE MONEY

Who is GE Money Bank ? I do not know when they took over Accounts for Chevron/Exxon. I have had a Chevron Credit Card for 35 years. Had a good credit limit with a cash line of credit. Had to commute back and forth to work. The cost for two people, my Husband and Myself, averaged $400.00 a month for the last 18 years !!! Paid my bill in full every month. Never late on my payments.

When I had too travel, Chevron was there . If I decided to take an unexpected trip, Chevron was there. Any spur of the minute trip, YES Chevron was there. We could always depend on our Chevron Credit Card. Chevron has been like OUR BEST AND MOST DEPENDABLE FRIEND.

Always identified as a " MOST VALUED CUSTOMER " . Until TODAY. !!! As of TODAY, I would be lucky to reach the STATE LINE. !!! Today I became " NO LONGER A VALUED CUATOMER ". I became SCUM.!!

I recieved a letter from GE MONEY BANK telling me that I NO LONGER had a cash limit. and that my $3200.00 Gasoline limit was being DECREASED to the pittance amount of $100.00. How's that for 35 years of faithfulness, and being a VALUED CUSTOMER. !!! GE MONEY BANK gave no nagitive indications for doing this. I guess it is a sign of the times.

Now I will never give Chevron of having me spend a $100.00 at one of their stations. Thanks Chevron for the years of trust

NO LONGER A VALUED CUSTOMER

Lynn
yucaipa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2008 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-MONEY-BANK-CHEVRON/EL-PASO-Texas-79998-1430/CHEVRON-GE-MONEY-BANK-DISRESPECTFUL-VENDICTIFUL-OR-IS-IT-A-SIGN-OF-THE-TIMES-E-393532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE MONEY BANK - CHEVRON

Chevron/GE Money Bank

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

The Chevron credit card business was bought by what is now GE Money Bank as GE financial was in deep trouble and had to change to a bank to receive tax payer bailout monies.

If you need to file a former complaint, you can do it on-line or via mail through the Office Of The Thrift. I have filed a former complaint regarding their late fees as I am a victim of the GE Money bank scam while using my Cheveron card. I paid in full each month. In June, GE Money bank claimed I was one day late despite paying the card balance in full. What GE Money Bank did not know was that I sent the payment in via certified mail and it only took two days for them to receive it. In other words, GE Money Bank just got caught and copies of my documents were provided to the Office Of The Thrift to investigate further.

I also canceled and terminated my Chevron account with GE Money Bank and took my gas purchases to non Chevron gas stations. I would suggest that others follow the same direction as consumers control 70% of GDP and it clearly sends a loud and clear message when companies like Chevron and GE money bank loses their most credit worthy customers!

So don't delay, fire Chevron and GE Money bank today!

CHEVRON WAS FINE WITHOUT G E MONY BANK

AUTHOR: Lynn - (U.S.A.)

Thank you too those who answered my post.

Since I am in possession of many Credit Cards involved with G E MONEY BANK I have just filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against G E MONEY BANK for thier Business Practices.

G E MONEY BANK can surely damage a person's good credit by lowering thier credit limit at G E MONEY BANK'S desgression.

Hopefully I have now helped another unsuspecting victim, by filing a complaint against G E MONEY BANK.

Many thanks to Ed Magedson and the RIPOFF REPORT for giving us this forum

Agree with first rebuttal

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

It's GE Money Bank who lowered your limit. No need to abandon Chevron.

ITS NOT CHEVRON - ITS GE MONEY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

That reduced your credit limit. They are doing it to all their BEST CUSTOMERS!
However based on thousands of complaints on the internet - GE Money has major issues in their business processes.

They have been sued in Australia and New Zealand for abuse of customers as well as changing the terms of 0% interest loans, and other violations of those countries lending laws
My guess is the US is not far behind and they are covering their asses.
I know I had to file complaints with OUR Government agencies for problems GEMB created in my JCPenney account. My attempts to get them to resolve the problems were ignored - they only respond to complaints filed with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision

If you have not yet had a problem with GEMB and your Chevron account, consider yourselves very lucky.

You can voice your complaint about the credit limit decrease with the Federal Trade Commission. At this time, anyone having issues with GEMB file complaints with the federal agencies