Complaint Review: GE Money Bank , Care Credit , GEMB

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2007

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
GE Money Bank , Care Credit , GEMB
P.O. Box 981127 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

GE Money Bank ,Care Credit , GEMB , CC GE Care Credit dental SCAM! GE Money Bank dentist Rip Off! GE credit card SCAM! El Paso Texas

I too signed up with Care Credit to get emergency dental work done at an after-hours dentist (a new one I'd never used before).

Since this was a new card, I followed my routine of calling the credit agency the following business day to be sure everything had been processed correctly. It's a good thing I did!

What a shock when I discovered that I'd been "accidentally" charged for the full credit line I had been approved for INSTEAD of only being charged for the actual work done!!

It took countless phone calls and personal visits to this emergency dentist's office (where I loudly, publicly complained about the problem in front of their other customers), plus countless phone calls and letters to Care Credit over the following week to get this mess resolved.

Needless to say, I then paid off the corrected bill in full and then immediately cancelled the Care Credit card.

From the reports of you and other victims, and my own experience, it seems this sort of "mistake" is a pattern with Care Credit. Also that perhaps they are in league with certain unscrupulous dentists to cheat customers in this manner.

I feel fortunate to have escaped unscathed.

Mary
Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2007 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank-Care-Credit-GEMB/El-Paso-Texas-79998/GE-Money-Bank-Care-Credit-GEMB-CC-GE-Care-Credit-dental-SCAM-GE-Money-Bank-dentist-R-270268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank , Care Credit , GEMB