Complaint Review: GE Money Bank / Chevron Texaco

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:Bay Area California
GE Money Bank / Chevron Texaco
P.O. Box 981430 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

GE Money Bank / Chevron Texaco GE Money Bank lowering cc limits without regard for customers El Paso Texas

Yes, this is happening all over - just google "GE Money Bank." They seem to be be particularly slaphappy over this issue.

I too received that letter from GE Money Bank in late October, regarding my Chevron card. I was traveling from LA to SF by car, and went to use the card and we were told we were over the limit. Ridiculous - I was charging $40 something, with a limit at the time of $1,000, and a balance of $139 on the card. Luckily I was not stranded, but easily could have been had I relied only on that card - which, I may add, they certainly encourage one to do.

My limit, per the letter, was reduced from $1,000 to $150, with no notice or warning. I took immediate action by paying off my balance, and closed the card permanently, as did everyone else in my family in support. So they lost five credit card accounts for the one letter. While yes, it's a sign of the times, they did this with no regard for their customer base.

I wrote a letter to GE Money Bank about this, and copied their Chairman and CEO.

Here's his address:

Mr. David J. O'Reilly
Chairman, CEO
Chevron Corporation
6001 Bollinger Canyon Rd
San Ramon, CA 94583

Write a letter to GE Money Bank describing your complaint, and copy Mr. O'Reilly. If enough people do this, it might actually matter.

In my case - excellent credit score and record, no late payments, low balance paid off every month for over ten years. I guess for some reason that makes me a bad credit risk for GE Money Bank, but if they can do without me, I CERTAINLY can do without them.

Former Chevron Customer
Bay Area, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank-Chevron-Texaco/El-Paso-Texas-79998-1430/GE-Money-Bank-Chevron-Texaco-GE-Money-Bank-lowering-cc-limits-without-regard-for-custome-397853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank / Chevron Texaco

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They completely ignore valid complaints - if they respond at all it will be to tell you a lie and no one ever signs the letters.

you can file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission about this.