Complaint Review: GE Money Bank- Walmart Credit Card

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 01, 2008

• Reported By:smithville Arkansas
GE Money Bank- Walmart Credit Card
PO BOX 981064 EL PASO, Texas U.S.A.

GE Money Bank- Walmart Credit Card tHEY LOWERED MY CREDIT LIMIT FROM $1,000 TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS EL PASO Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: similar thing happened to me

*Consumer Comment: are you serious lol

*Consumer Suggestion: GEMB VIOLATES FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT AND FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT

I have paid my walmart credit card off and owe them nothing. We i owed them something i always paid it off evenually and was never late with a payment. Then the other day i recieved a letter telling me that my credit limit had been lowered from $1,000 to 100 dollars. They also said that my credit score was below other customers yes i have had some bad credit but i never missed a payment on my walmart credit card and it is currently paid off. Has this happend to anyone else?

Athena
smithville, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2008 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank-Walmart-Credit-Card/EL-PASO-Texas-79998-1064/GE-Money-Bank-Walmart-Credit-Card-tHEY-LOWERED-MY-CREDIT-LIMIT-FROM-1000-TO-ONE-HUNDRED-385161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank- Walmart Credit Card

#1 Consumer Suggestion

similar thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Lil J - (U.S.A.)

i have an american eagle card through them and they granted me a credit limit increase last month from 550.00 to 750.00. i used the card after the increase and had the balance on it at that time and charged it to 620.00 buying my daughter's school clothes. i logged onto my account and noticed that my credit limit is now 500.00 and i am over the credit limit!

i had no warning whatsoever that they were going to lower it. i too have never been late on my bill with them-not once! i also always pay more than the minimum amount due. now i will have an over the limit fee. why would they raise my limit only to lower it? this should not be legal. i have given them no reason to lower my limit. i pay my bills ontime and have been a good customer. they need to be stopped!!

are you serious lol

AUTHOR: Nismo240now - (U.S.A.)

There is no violation what so ever lol.. If you read the small print, you are giving them all rights to change the credit limit based on what they want. If you give them a reason to drop it, then they have that choice, they have a choice to deny you credit period. I mean seriously now lol....

#3 Consumer Suggestion

GEMB VIOLATES FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT AND FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision for this.

They violate Federal Lending laws regularly and hope you do not know it.

The government has to get involved or it will never stop

Australia just sued them for violating Australian Lending Laws as well