Complaint Review: G.E. Money Bank

• Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Oswego New York USA
G.E. Money Bank
P.O. Box 981064 El Paso, Texas United States of America

G.E. Money Bank HOW TO DESTROY A-1 CREDIT.... BECOME A GE MONEY BANK CUSTOMER!!!!! El Paso, Texas

Bear in mind that I've NEVER had a single late-payment on ANY accounts my entire life...that is until I regretfully became another GE Money Bank statistic. This company will manipulate due dates, count federally recognized holidays as having mail-delivery, and do whatever it takes to raise what initially is a good interest-rate loan into one with a rate so high you'll need a UFO to see it.

They've done this to me and when I contacted them about it(payment was received by them on-time) I was told by customer service that I would have to write a letter to corporate and they would go from there to resolve the situation. Well, I did that and suffice to say I got a computer generated response that "nothing can be done at this time"; so needless to say the term of my loan which was over two-thirds paid off ended up getting another 2.5 years tacked onto it.

That's not all, I get my mail today and lo & behold another letter from GE Money Bank; I get quite a few of them stating "nothing can be done at this time" because I got into the habit(out of my frustrations with their "customer service") of writing little notes on the back of my billing statement just to see if they actually read them. They do, hence all the letters which I typically throw away due to nothing ever getting done by them righting their original wrong against me.

With that, I decided for some odd reason to actually open the letter I received today and it turns out that GE Money Bank took it upon themselves to simply close my account with them. Now anyone who desires to keep thier creditworthiness intact can tell you, if a bank closes an account it basically tells creditors you're likely to be unable to make future payments...see where this is going and the amount of fiancial damage that can ensue with future financing? Well, that was the last straw with me, I called those crooked SOBs up and as expected was not able to actually talk to a live human being the entire time I tried to contact them...even sitting on hold for 24 minutes(timed)!

Now remember, I've never missed a payment on anything...not even with GE Money however they will boldly deny that but all someone(hopefully a good attorney) would need to do is look at my past, less this ripoff bank, and they'll see I'm actually practicing what I preach! As such, with my newly damaged credit I decided to take it upon myself to go through my other accounts to see if any of them are financed through this usury-corrupt bank. Turns out I luckily only had one other card(Lowe's) which is funded by GE so I called them up, closed it out(had a credit balance on it), told them to mail a check to me for the credit owed; again, never missed a payment with them either. So basically GE Money can go belly-up for all I care because the way it treats good customers(such as myself), I surely wouldn't want to deal with them as a bad one and obviously I will never knowingly do business with the likes of them again...nor should any other consumer out there with credit they take pride in keeping in good standing; GE Money Bank will simply destroy you and get away with it....even when you "pay them as agreed". AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas-79998/GE-Money-Bank-HOW-TO-DESTROY-A-1-CREDIT-BECOME-A-GE-MONEY-BANK-CUSTOMER-El-Pas-589766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G.E. Money Bank