Complaint Review: GE Money Bank

• Submitted: Thu, September 06, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: stormin4 — Frisco Texas United States of America
GE Money Bank

GE Money Bank CE Capital Retail Bank Don't Fall Into Their Trap !! Dishonest, Poor Service, RIPOFF! Internet

*Author of original report: Nevermind

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Consumer Comment: Yes, you are only human

*Author of original report: Only human

*Consumer Comment: It's about accepting responsibility for your actions

*Consumer Comment: It's about accepting responsibility for your actions

GE Money Bank is the WORST, MOST RUTHLESS, POORLY RUN, MONEY GRUBBING company I have ever dealt with. I had a motorcycle loan with Yamaha through GE Money Bank.  They have no way to pay on line and charge $20 to make a phone payment.

They also handle the Wal Mart credit card.  They raised my limit by $900 two months ago and last month I accidently had a $40 NSF payment to them which I promptly corrected with a $100 payment. They CLOSED MY WAL MART account anyway without notifying me or anything.

I called and spoke with an Annie Williams and she told me it is their policy and she refused to let me speak with her supervisor. I can't believe Wal Mart lets these MORONS run their credit accounts because now I will not shop at Wal Mart either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank/internet/GE-Money-Bank-CE-Capital-Retail-Bank-Dont-Fall-Into-Their-Trap-Dishonest-Poor-Servic-937573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank

Nevermind

AUTHOR: stormin4 - (United States of America)

First of all, I did not ask for coast's editorial opinion aboout my report. Second, I did not write a check -

I do not write checks. I do not mail checks. I do not use the US Postal Service and have not for many years now.  I pay everything on-line.  I do not owe anyone an explanation.  My report is true as stated.  Take it for what it's worth. They raised my limit, I made a mistake, they cancelled me, no notice.

I am fully aware that GE Money Bank has a website as I had three accounts with them but the Yamaha financing does not have a website. The loans are managed and backed by GE Money Bank. I just know that the system is designed to collect as much in fees as possible.  It got so aggravating that I sold my Yamaha and will never use their financing again. I now own a Harley.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

GE Money Bank DOES have a website for online bill pay (https://www.gecrbcredit.com/consumergen2/login.do?subActionId=1000&clientId=gemoney&accountType=dualcard&langId=en).

In your response to Coast you said you didn't write a bad check.  Well, accidental or not, you DID write a check because it was returned. Accounting mistakes can happen, but it's still YOUR responsibility.

I'm with Coast on this one.

Yes, you are only human

AUTHOR: Niko234 - (United States of America)

I agree with you, we are only human. However, with being human demands responsibility. An "accidental" NSF is all it can take to cancel your account. Coast once again, I believe  you are too harsh in your criticism. In the current credit markets companies can cancel your account for NSF payments. I believe if you read your Terms and Conditions there is language detailing what happens with payments that are returned. So while I understand you being upset, unless you have some hard proof  you were not ripped off. I would advise you to review your account and perhaps call them again and ask for an explanation. If they continue to stonewall you then you might have some ammunition for a legitimate rip off.

Only human

AUTHOR: stormin4 - (United States of America)

I wonder who you work for? I am only human and I make mistakes but I guess you are perfect. I did not write them a bad check so MYOB. As far as Yamaha backed by GE Money Bank---no website to make online payments, no grace period, exorbitant fees to make a phone payment. GE can afford a website so this is all designed to bring in more fees. You're right that Wal Mart won't miss me but nothing I can do about that. I am glad you are perfect, except that you are a busy body...

It's about accepting responsibility for your actions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Don't Fall Into Their Trap !! Dishonest"

You forgot to tell us about 'their trap' or what they did that was dishonest.

"charge $20 to make a phone payment" Do they charge a service fee if you mail them a [good] check?

"They CLOSED MY WAL MART account"

Some companies tend to react that way when a customer submits a bad check.

"I can't believe Wal Mart lets these MORONS run their credit accounts"

Apparently they are practicing better account management than you.

"I will not shop at Wal Mart" I doubt the world's largest retailer will miss you.

You do not have a valid complaint.

It's about accepting responsibility for your actions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Don't Fall Into Their Trap !! Dishonest"

You forgot to tell us about 'their trap' or what they did that was dishonest.

"charge $20 to make a phone payment"

Do they charge a service fee if you mail them a [good] check?

"They CLOSED MY WAL MART account"

Some companies tend to react that way when a customer submits a bad check.

"I can't believe Wal Mart lets these MORONS run their credit accounts"

Apparently they are practicing better account management than you.

"I will not shop at Wal Mart"

I doubt the world's largest retailer will miss you.

You do not have a valid complaint.