Complaint Review: GE Money Bank

• Reported By: Anonymous — Mission Viejo California United States of America
GE Money Bank
P.O. Box El Paso TX 79998 USA Internet United States of America

GE Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank Consumer Fraud to the MAX! Internet

*Consumer Comment: not a rip off

I took out our first interest-free GE account in 2010. We received our statements every month and I made sure I took care of it.

After paying religiously every month, to avoid the penalty, we figured it had been a year, so we called GE to get the payoff amount. Were we ever shocked to find out that the year was up the previous month .... and we now owed $1,000+ interest for the previous year.

The woman on the phone said that they had "sent us an email" stating it was due. We never received any specific email concerning our payoff date or amount!!! They had only continued sending out statements, with NO mention that it was coming due or was now due. How convenient for them! I cannot believe they did this.

Yes, I should have made a notation on our calendar; however, GE shouldn't have been so underhanded that they "sent" an email .... wink, wink.

What a wonderful company to deal with! I have another loan with them that I intend to pay off early this Fall, so as not to be screwed by GE again. When these two loans are gone, I will never deal with such an underhanded company again and I intend to warn my family and friends.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank/internet/GE-Money-Bank-GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-Consumer-Fraud-to-the-MAX-Internet-840254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank

not a rip off

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

By your own admission you checked your statement every month to avoid paying the interest when the year was up. Whether they sent an email or not is irrelevent. It is ultimately your responsibility to know when the interest-free period is up.

Personally, I'm more concerned about what you wrote in your other post about the link between GE and Al-Queda. That is something worth investigating.