Complaint Review: GE Money Bank

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: bearsxx1985 — vienna Illinois United States of America
GE Money Bank

GE Money Bank Walmart Money Card Blocked my account and I am unable to use my funds Internet

I got my 2011 Income Tax refunded on my Walmart Money Card. I have had this card for two years and never had a problem. My taxes were deposited on time and everything was fine. A week later I was unable to purchase anything with my card. I called up and was directed to the lost management department. I was told my account was on hold due to the tax refund. I was told to fax my goverment id to their fax number. I faxed my state id, social security card, walmart visa card, as well as a printout from the IRS website with the last 4 of my SS# and the amount that was refunded to me. Its been 10 days and I have heard nothing. I have $739 sitting on my ard that I cannot use. My rent is due as well as my electric bill and I cannot pay them due to this block. I am a single father of 4 who is unemployed, so this is all my money. I call everyday only to have to wait at least 30 minutes. When I call I give my case number and all that is said is I have to wait until an investagator from lost management contacts me. I did everything that was asked and MY money is still held up. I would not advise anyone to have their refund loaded onto their walmart money card. To have your money held that is yours is crazy. I do not see how this is even legal. I faxed everything that was asked and shown proof that the tax refund was in my name as well. I am at the mercy of GE money bank and the lost management department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank/internet/GE-Money-Bank-Walmart-Money-Card-Blocked-my-account-and-I-am-unable-to-use-my-funds-Intern-834639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Money Bank