• Report: #619547

• Updated: Fri, July 02, 2010

• Reported By: Dana — Sherwood Alabama United States of America
G.E. Money Bank
P.O. Box 960061 Orlanda, FL 32896 Internet United States of America

G.E. Money Bank is a complete rip-off. They totally jack you around on late fees and interest rates. Internet

I paid the minimum amount due on my May bill.  On my June statement was a late fee charge because I "apparently" didn't get my payment in before 5pm on the due date.  I called and the "specialist" stated she would take care of this and the late fee would be refunded.  I specifically asked if I were required to pay the minimum payment due of $86 or should I pay the normal payment of $45.  The "specialist" assured me that I could make my regular $45 payment.  When I received my July statement, I was only refunded $20 of my $39.99 late fee from June and had an additional late fee charge of $39.99 on the current statement even though the June payment was made online on the due date.  Obviously my interest fees were more as my balance is increasing instead of decreasing and my minimum payment for July is now a whopping $125.  When I contacted GE Money Bank, the latest "specialist" told me that the minimum payment of $86 was the minimum payment I could make in June and since I had not paid the minimum I was charged another late fee.  In addition, only one adjustment to your fees can be done per 12 months (per the new credit care guidelines) and they would not be removing the late fee for June even though I was given incorrect information by their employee.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and after quite a wait, of course, got the same run around and no changes were made.  The supervisor stated it was my fault because the minimum payment was posted and I should have paid it.  This company is not even based in US and employees are in India.  I will be getting rid of this card as soon as possible and will warn everyone I know not to use them.  Honest, hard working people cannot afford to be constantly penalized by companies making millions of dollars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2010 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Money-Bank/internet/GE-Money-Bank-is-a-complete-rip-off-They-totally-jack-you-around-on-late-fees-and-int-619547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G.E. Money Bank