Complaint Review: GE Warranty Management

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Abbeville South Carolina
GE Warranty Management
P.O. Box 100 Rapid City, SD, South Dakota U.S.A.

GE Warranty Management GE Warranty & HHGregg Ripoff Rapid City, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunately

I purchased a 5-year extended warranty on a television at HHGregg. I was not given a contract for the extended warranty. The only information I had was what the salesman told me---that my television would be covered for anything that went wrong with it for five years. They did not at that time, nor have they until this day, given me a copy of the warranty terms.

After a little less than a year and a half, I did have a problem with the TV that required service. It turned out that, according to the repair technician, my TV could not be repaired and would have to be replaced. This process turned into a fiasco, but, to make a long story short, they did replace the TV. The new TV was brought to my home and set up by HHGregg. They set up the new TV, asked me to sign that I had received it and they left.

After 19 months, this TV quit working. I called GE Warranty Service about getting it repaired. At this time, I was told that when they replaced the original TV, the extended warranty was became void. At no time during the purchase or replacement of the original TV was I informed that replacement of a TV would cancel the remaining time of the warranty. In my case, the remaining time was 3-1/2 years.

I WOULD LIKE FOR ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A GE EXTENDED WARRANTY OR IS CONSIDERING PURCHASING ONE TO BE FOREWARNED. IF THEY REPLACE YOUR TV, YOU WILL LOSE THE REMAINING TIME ON YOUR WARRANTY.

I was ripped off by both HHGregg and GE Warranty Management

Joan
Abbeville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Warranty-Management/Rapid-City-SD-South-Dakota-57709/GE-Warranty-Management-GE-Warranty-HHGregg-Ripoff-Rapid-City-South-Dakota-463221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Warranty Management

Unfortunately

AUTHOR: Anon - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately all of these companies void the warranty after they replace the defective or unrepairable unit. When you purchase one of these warranty plans it is specific to the model and serial number on the covered item. GE should have explained to you they were voiding the warranty when they told you they were replacing it. The store also should have told and offered you a new plan for the replacement. GE is not the only company that voids after replacing.