Complaint Review: GE-Zurich Home Warranty

• Submitted: Mon, January 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 02, 2006

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
GE-Zurich Home Warranty
PO Box 100 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.

GE Home Warranty, GE-Zurich Home Warranty ripoff, did not pay for or authorize covered repairs Rapid City South Dakota

I have a home warranty through GE and when a gas leak and other repairs were discovered, GE did NOT authorize repairs by a licensed technician. This was an emergency call and they did not respond nor call back to assist me. The only authorized repair Heating/AC company did illegal work previously so I did not want to use them. The company I chose were in the GE System, and the customer service person told me she would send my case to a higher level for review. She also stated that she felt most of the repairs would be covered, although I would have to pay the contractor myself and then submit for reimbursement. I went forward with the $3,000 repair. GE never called me so I called them only to find out they said they would not cover the repair. They would not let me speak to a supervisor, only said I had to write a letter. I am so unhappy with GE I RECOMMEND NOBODY GETS THEIR HOME WARRANTY EVER !! They only want to collect your premium and then NOT PAY for repairs.

Benton
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2006 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Zurich-Home-Warranty/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/GE-Home-Warranty-GE-Zurich-Home-Warranty-ripoff-did-not-pay-for-or-authorize-covered-rep-170102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE-Zurich Home Warranty