Complaint Review: GE Zurich

• Submitted: Wed, July 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 02, 2008

• Reported By:Oakland California
GE Zurich
10945 Estate Ln Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

GE Zurich Impossible to work with Dallas Texas

Do not ever bother buying a GE extended service warranty. Here's how they operate. If you have an appliance that needs service you have to call them to get them to send an appliance repair person of THEIR choice. The first time I tried this, for my ASKO washing machine, it took 2 full weeks before someone called me and then they wanted to know what was wrong with my dishwasher. Inspires confidence doesn't it?

I ended up going on the internet to find an ASKO-authorized repair service. They were very prompt and efficient, did a great job and charged a fair price. At that time, GE would still reimburse you if you paid for the repair out of pocket. Now they won't even do that. You HAVE to use THEIR contractors, no matter how bad they might be. I asked my repair company why they wouldn't work with GE and they told me it just took way too long for GE to reimburse them and caused a cash-flow problem. Since they seem to be a very well-run operation, I have no reason to believe that they were tardy in sending their paperwork in to GE.

So now you know that the service people you get from GE are probably not top drawer because the good ones don't want to work with them. I just called a major appliance store in the San Francisco Bay Area and asked them if they deal with GE for extended warranties and they said they dumped them two years ago. I'll go there to replace the ASKO washer and dryer the next time they break down. I won't ever buy a GE warranty again.

Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Zurich/Dallas-Texas-75238/GE-Zurich-Impossible-to-work-with-Dallas-Texas-346784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Zurich