Complaint Review: GE

• Reported By:rochester New York
GE
?? Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

GE-Zurich warranty ripoff lied to me Dallas Texas

I bought my laptop computer from Circuit City and after the compaq one year warranty it started to have significant problems. The floppy drive failed, then shortly after the system would not start. After being treated in a rude way by the extended GE warranty phone assistant, I finally sent it in and when it was sent back the computer started but the floppy drive was repaired poorly and didn't work properly.

Needing the computer, I couldn't send it back in at that time. A couple months later it just did not start again. I sent it in, again, and it was sent back with a notice saying that they would not fix it because it had water damage and that an amateur tried to repair it on my end. Being that I never spilled a drop on it and never attempted to fix it, I took it to a certified repair shop and they confirmed that there was no water damage and stated that one screw was missing from the case somehow. I faxed GE a complaint letter and they called me back sticking by their story despite its untruth. I am in the process of looking into legal action.

Jay
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2003 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE/Dallas-Texas/GE-Zurich-warranty-ripoff-lied-to-me-Dallas-Texas-58278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE