expert

GE.COM

GE.COM CARECREDIT.COM WHY DIDN'T I USE MY NORMAL CREDIT CARD? Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Minimum payments on interest free loans

*General Comment: re:CareCredit

*Consumer Comment: The Same Happened to Me...

*Author of original report: After clearing my balance and closing my account, they charged my account again!

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip off

I applied for this card at the dentist office to finance a small dental bill. I was told by my dentist that it was interest free for 12 months as long as I make my minimum payment. I applied for this card and received a 3,000 dollar limit. Used the card immediately for a few hundred dollars. My bill is now $664 dollars after about 14 months of using it, I've paid the minimum payment every month without missing a beat, it's direct deposit. Its hard to tell from their ghetto little website but after clicking on just about every transaction link I saw that on 9/24/2010 I was charged an interest accumulation of about $220 dollars. Then again $25 dollars 10/24. Again $20 dollars 11/24. All this interest on a few hundred dollars after being 2 months after my 12 month promotionl rate. I am so regretful that I've applied for this card, noone of my other credit cards have ripped me off so terribly bad. I thought the forgeign transaction fee's ranging from $1-$5 was a ripoff, I've learned a lesson and oh am I so sick of learning lessons. I greatly hope this business goes out of business and those seeking to rip off their customers in a worst situation than ever. I hope lawsuits crush them and for their sake they are incorporated. My advice pay it off prior to the 12 months ask them to deactivate your account and use a credit card to pay your dental/health bills. They are a company seeking to rip you off, I certainly assure you of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GECOM/internet/GECOM-CARECREDITCOM-WHY-DIDNT-I-USE-MY-NORMAL-CREDIT-CARD-Internet-673761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE.COM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Minimum payments on interest free loans

AUTHOR: Jenifer - (U.S.A.)

I don't want to sound condescending, but if you would have divided out your inital charges by 12 months, you would have immediately noticed that your minimum payment would not put you anywhere NEAR paying off the balance in a year.

I have a CareCredit card.  They told me on $1000, my minimum payment per month was $33.  Guess what?  In order to pay it off and avoid interest in that 18 months, my minimum payment needed to be $55.56 every month.

They are in the business of making money.  That being said, of course they only want you to make the minimum payment...they want their interest fees.

Sorry you found out the hard way though.

#2 General Comment

re:CareCredit

AUTHOR: Barbi vega - (U.S.A.)

3-2-11-  This is a thank you to the person who wrote in regarding the CareCredit payment plan.  I picked up a brochure at a dentist's office, but something told me to check them out with Ripoff Report and found your report.  I will be using my own credit card for future bills. Again, thank you very much.  BFV.

The Same Happened to Me...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Thank you for your report. In my case it was a card for Home Depot (backed by Citibank), where they charged no interest and kept charging the credit limit making it ever higher for one year, since I am fixing up an old house this was really great. Then after the year was up, and the full amount was not paid, they then put onto the account the accrued interest - a shocking $1000! Yes, heavy fees are how most credit cards are making their money. I have since paid off this credit card and will not make this mistake again. Thanks for spell check Rip Off Reports!

AUTHOR: Jacques Botty - (United States of America)

Today I went to my bank statement and $10.53 was charged against my debit card for an account I paid in full last month and closed.

Overall I spent $900 to pay for $200 in dental services.

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: Pesadilla143 - (USA)

Unfortunately, if not paid within the 12 months - the interest accrues from the date the credit was first used. It is slimy that they do that, but it is not illegal.

You had to have paid the credit off within 12 months for that not to have happened.

Not a rip off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

As stated in the loan agreement-if the balance is not paid by the end of the promo period you will be billed interest on the full principal of the loan.