Complaint Review: GEICO Auto Insurance

• Updated: Thu, December 17, 2009

• Reported By: Joshua S. — Bowmanstown Pennsylvania United States of America
GEICO Auto Insurance
One GEICO Blvd Fredericksburg, Virginia United States of America

GEICO Auto Insurance Policy Increase for an additional 4 miles Fredericksburg, Virginia

On 12/16/09 I contacted GEICO Auto Insurance to review my new policy going into effect on 12/19/09.  They increased my monthly payments from $127 to $136, so I just questioned the reason.  The Customer Service Representative (CSR), stated it was just a regular increase that can occur and reviewed the policy with me and asked what my mileage is a day/week, when I stated I now travel 9 miles in one direction to and from school.  I also stated instead of traveling to school five times a week  I now only travel three times a week.  The total new increase in the amount of miles I travel are four additional miles each week or 20 miles a month.

At no time, did the CSR state to me that after I agreed to renew my policy, and pay the requested amount of $136, that my policy premium was going to increase; as a result, so would my monthly payments.  For an additional 16 miles a month, GEICO increased my premium by $200; as a result, my new monthly payments are $147 a monthly, with the second payment for the policy being $157.

The increase of 16 miles a month, or 96 miles a policy term, averages out to an additional $2.08 a mile for the term of the policy or again, $200.

If I would have known prior to paying the first months payment towards the premium that it was going to increase an additional $10 a month or $20 total from previous policy, I NEVER would have stayed with GEICO.

I spoke with another CSR on 12/17/09, who stated she would have her manager call me (as I requested), and he/she never has called me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-Auto-Insurance/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22412/GEICO-Auto-Insurance-Policy-Increase-for-an-additional-4-miles-Fredericksburg-Virginia-541246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO Auto Insurance