Complaint Review: GEICO DIRECT

• Submitted: Thu, August 08, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, January 10, 2003

• Reported By:Rock Hill SC
GEICO DIRECT
One GEICO Center Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

GEICO DIRECT dishonest advertising and overpriced product abused & mistreated Macon Georgia *UPDATE

*UPDATE Employee: responding to 14 year old car

*0: MUCH Cheaper insurance found..no more GEICO!!!

I have a 14 year old car and went to get new insurance. I only carry basic isurance since the car is paid for. I figured I would try Geico since they say they will save you 15% or more. Now a little background...we were involved in 2 accidents in 3 months last year. Neither were our fault, in fact, on BOTH cases we were abiding by the law and stopped at stop lights. The first one, we were in the front when a car 3 cars back rear ended and caused a chain reaction. I was a passenger in my car and my boyfriend was driving as per our insurance. Apparently I have a stronger constitution and had only a slight headache and mild shoulder pain that went away in a day or so. Mark had lower back pain and was out of woek for a little over a month.

The second one we were stopped at a light near home when a lady in a truck cruised through the red light hitting a car in the intersection and then rickashaied into us hitting the back of our car and not really causing much damage either auto wise or physical. But the damage to the car she hit and those passengers inside weren't minor and neither was her truck. We got off lucky in that one.
As I said, neither were our fault.We were abiding traffic laws at the time.

Now both Mark and I do have speeding tickets (3) so our driving records aren't "clean" but surely not worth $664.73 for a six month policy on basic insurance!!!!!!!!!! And on a 14 year old car. I have complained and have yet to receive an answer but they sure do send out a bill.

I will find other insurance since I do not intend on being ripped off again and I want to warn others that GEICO is a rip off and lie in their advertising. I had insurace before that I thought was high and it was only a little over $400 a year...I'm going back to them. GOOD-BYE GEICO and good riddence!

Since there is a link through RRR then I guess I'm not the only owe who has been treated badly by GEICO. But they won't have a second opportunity with me anyway!

Kim
Rock Hill, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2002 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-DIRECT/Macon-Georgia-31201-0001/GEICO-DIRECT-dishonest-advertising-and-overpriced-product-abused-mistreated-Macon-Georgi-26401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO DIRECT

responding to 14 year old car

AUTHOR: janice - (U.S.A.)

if you where so happy with your ins company why did you change in the first place..i think people dont listen when the questions are asked and they also lie about driving history...

#2 0

MUCH Cheaper insurance found..no more GEICO!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

I have a new insurance carrier now. Never again will I have GEICO and I will continue to shout my experience from the rooftops if need be. For just a bit more than GEICO wanted for a 6-month policy, I now have a 12-month policy. Same coverage. For thos dissatisfied with high prices...go DIRECT. "can save you 45% or more.....hahahaha" GEICO...you're a lying piece of (well you know)!