Complaint Review: GEICO Direct

• Submitted: Fri, March 31, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 10, 2006

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
GEICO Direct
3535 Pipkin Road Lakeland, Florida U.S.A.

GEICO Direct - Government Employees Insurance ripoff and misrepresentation of material facts Lakeland Florida

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: Please stop and think

My car was rear ended in an accident, the GEICO insured was liable, there was a police report that states he was driving too fast for conditions and was ticketed so. GEICO demanded that I take my vehicle to their facility to have it repaired, and I had it estimated at their facility, and brought to a Saturn dealership to have it repaired.

After about a week GEICO came in and said that they were only going to cover a portion of the damage, and the rest could not have been a part of the accident that ocurred. I asked the police officer to amend the report to state the road conditions and he told me that was impossible, that I was the victim and GEICO should pay. I then contacted an attorney who suggested that I have the matter subrogated.

I just had my insurance comany involved in the last week to subrogate damages. Now GEICO moves in and says they are taking away my rental car that tey had provided as it should only have taken a week to repair the car, and they are trying to stick me with the rental bill for 20 days or their equivalent of $1000. Enterprise informed me that they had just received the email that my rental had ended, no written notice, no copy, no questions. The representative told me he was going to have the car reported stolen in a couple of days (can GEICO do this?!).

I am sending the original damages check back to them certified, and hopefully my insurance company will be able to sue them. I have missed time from work over a very cut and dry accident that should have been solved the first week it was brought in. I originally dealt with Tanya Wilkins my adjuster, and escalated it to a claims supervisor Nicole Smith, and then got the Better Business Bureau involved as well which finally involved the vice president Michael White.

I would never go with GEICO as my insurance company, and would definitely not reccommend them to anyone, as it appears they have lack of claims paying ability even though they have an A++ rating, I don't see how they will stay in business once I report they don't pay the claim to the department of motor vehicles and their insured loses his license until they pay.

Kent
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2006 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-Direct/Lakeland-Florida-33811/GEICO-Direct-Government-Employees-Insurance-ripoff-and-misrepresentation-of-material-fac-184255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO Direct

AUTHOR: Kent - (U.S.A.)

The state of Florida has a unique feature that is able to be used by consumers that have a claim in which the at fault's insurance company does not pay, and this is called the Financial Responsibility Board, and may be accessed through the DMV or HSMV for the State of Florida. A couple of other sources which I plan on implementing may be accessed by anybody in the state of FL at myflorida.com, and I strongly urge anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation to use this resource, and even find a pro rata attorney who actually is listed, and in good standing with the bar to keep the company busy while they are being attacked from behind as well.

AUTHOR: Kent - (U.S.A.)

Update

AUTHOR: Kent - (U.S.A.)

The rental company enterprise was emailed and told by geico to term my contract and back date the total charges for about twenty days (perhaps I was not clear about this) in a retaliatory action against my company subrogating damages leaving me holding the bag for 20 days of rental with no notice that my rental contract was ending(total amount I supposedly am responsible for is 1736.02).

The car by the way was a saturn L200, and the other victim had a green toyota, and just took the claim check that Geico offered them. There was substantial damages under the bumper cover of the L200, and GEICO was saying it was impossible from this incident, even though their insured was going over 45 and too fast for conditions according to the ticket he received, as Florida road base is very slippery when wet.

The police officer would not update the report to include the weather and road conditions at the time. I have missed substantial time from work and am a commissioned sales rep for another insurance company, and have suffered enough.

Please stop and think

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Kent "I don't see how they will stay in business once I report they don't pay the claim to the department of motor vehicles and their insured loses his license until they pay."

Please think about what you are doing.

GEICO has over 7 million policy holders and you are going to single handedly sink the company, make them drop all policy holders and fire all there employees?

Think about all the people before you do that.

Seriously, I have never heard of someone's license being suspended because their insurance company doesn't agree to pay what you think you should receive.

If you keep a vehicle when you were told to turn it in, I think it would be considered stealing. It's not your vehicle.

Give us some numbers and tell us what was wrong with your vehicle. How much was GEICO willing to pay? How fast was the insured going? What was the estimate of the damages and the year make and model of your vehicle?