efficient

• Submitted: Tue, July 25, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, July 25, 2000

• Reported By:Beaufort SC
GEICO Direct
One Geico Center Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

GEICO Direct

Geico failed to file the forms required by the state of South Carolina and my license was suspended. I notified Geico three different times regarding this particular situation and they did not submit the form that the state sent them. I had never had a laps in my coverage, so there was no reason for them not to fill out the form confirming my coverage at the time of an auto accident in November of 1999. I have since cancelled my policy with Geico, but they have yet to send the form to have the suspension on my license lifted. I contacted Geico by phone, mail, fax and internet. I need something to be done about this or I will not be able to get the suspension lifted. When I contacted them today, the people said that they had no record of me sending any correspondence to them either from mail, phone, fax or internet. I also received a letter from Geico dated July 19, 2000 stating that my license had been suspended and that they could not continue coverage of my vehicle until the suspension was lifted. I cancelled my policy on July 3, 2000. I was also not aware that Geico had not filled out the third form I had sent them in February 2000, regarding them confirming my coverage in November of 1999. So, I was also not aware that my license was suspended. I contacted the S.C. Department of Public Safety and they said it was because they had never received the form from my insurance company that they had requested that would confirm my coverage as of the accident. I have tried since November of 1999, and now I have done all I can do. It was up to Geico to fill out the form, and they did not do it. I mailed them the original form, I faxed two copies to them and now I have had it. What am I supposed to do in order to get this situation fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-Direct/Macon-Georgia-31295/GEICO-Direct-2744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO Direct