Complaint Review: GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: Michael — Merritt Island Florida
GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY
PO BOX 9091 MACIB, Georgia USA

GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY AKA RACHEL COLLINSGEICO CLAIMS EXAMINER F290 GEICO FRAUDULENT SALES IMPROPER REPRESENTATION OF COLISSION COVERAGE WHEN NONE PROVIDED MACIB Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Geico rip off in PA

*Consumer Comment: Collision Coverage

*Consumer Suggestion: hi, you're not very smart are you....

I had a Geico insurance policy on my van which included collission as it was being financed.  I changed for a short period to another company because Geico seemed to high as I had a good driving record.

The other company raised their rates so I went back to Geico and told them to reinstate my previous policy same as before.  That included collission on the vehicle.

I spoke to their sales representative on the phone and he assured me it was the same policy.  However, when I had an accident, Geico then claimed the policy had no collisison on it.

I asked for the tape recording with the sales person, they claimed it was destroyed after so many days.

Geico failed to cover the collission damage and never checked the VIN to ensure that the vehicle didn't have a lien holder, wasn't being financed.

I tried to explain all this to Geico who refused to warrant what they said.

This is fraud by Geico, deceptive sales practices and deliberate breach of contract.  Further Geico destroyed the tape recording of the sales conversation deliberately, while they hold onto their other recordings for long periods of time.

I now have to due Geico to get coverage.

Never ever use Geico as they are a fraudulant company and do not do what they say they over the phone during sales calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO-GENERAL-INSURANCE-COMPANY/MACIB-Georgia-31208/GEICO-GENERAL-INSURANCE-COMPANY-AKA-RACHEL-COLLINSGEICO-CLAIMS-EXAMINER-F290-GEICO-FRAUDU-1063238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY

Geico rip off in PA

AUTHOR: Kimberly - ()

Geico did the same thing to me. I never had a problem with any other insurance company and they make you believe you are fully covered. I honestly thought I had collision until the accident and found out there was none...they are deceptive and I am disgusted and will never use them again. You pay for insurance that us basically useless .. Because they trick you into believing you are fully covered. No collision "we are sorry we cannot cover your car"...DO NOT TRUST GEICO!

Live and learned the hard way...

: (

Collision Coverage

AUTHOR: Employee - ()

Despite what Geico did or did not tell you, you are still the responsible party to confirm what is on your policy and what is not and YOU have the duty to verify or fix it. Every policy comes with a Declaration Sheet that describes your coverages and the policy itself goes into more detail. You cannot place the blame of your failings on them.

As to any recording, i do not know how long that is kept.  Those records are considered confidential though and it may take a lawyer to file under the Freedom of Information Act to get that, if it still exists.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

hi, you're not very smart are you....

AUTHOR: youreanidiot - ()

Hi. Have you ever looked at that little piece of paper called a declaration page??? That might help you in the future. K