Complaint Review: GEICO

• Submitted: Fri, February 11, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 14, 2011

• Reported By: TLM — Upper Marlboro Maryland United States of America
GEICO

GEICO My 25 year old daughter, whom did not live with me, borrowed my vehicle and another GEICO driver hit her and was at fault. Because my daughter was not on our policy, even though the accident was not , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: increase

*UPDATE Employee: To whom has been affected

*Consumer Comment: Correct reason?

*Consumer Comment: Correct reason?

*Author of original report: GEICO Insurance Really SUCKS!

*Author of original report: GEICO Insurance really SUCKS!

My 25 year old daughter, whom did not live with me, borrowed my vehicle. Another GEICO insured driver hit her and was at fault.  Because my daughter was not on our policy, even though the accident was not our daughter's fault, GEICO 'tripled' our insurance rates!!!! GEICO really sucks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2011 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEICO/internet/GEICO-My-25-year-old-daughter-whom-did-not-live-with-me-borrowed-my-vehicle-and-another-694062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEICO

increase

AUTHOR: strawberryshortcake - (United States of America)

1. your rates do not necessarily increase because an undisclosed opertator was driving the vehicle
2. the driver involved in the loss is not necessarily added to the policy
3. anytime you allow someone to operate your vehicle it is your responisibilty to deal with consequences
4. i am thinking there is a bit more to this, i have a feeling you were asked why is that she was operating the vehicle and you either refused to answer or ignored it
5. I am thinking that she has multiple tickets/accidents which is why she was not disclosed originally
6. You live in MD any change to the operators and usage can create a large increase
7. i think if you called and could provide a valid reason why she was operating the vehicle that geico is insuring and rating based on the operators that were disclosed that someone can help you with a remedy
8. unfortunately when a large number of people opt to be dishonest it makes the other people have additional steps that they may need to complete.
9. Put this in perspective say you could call the water company and tell them how many people live in your home and they would access a bill based on number of people = expected use, Do you think that inevitably certain people would begin to reduce the number of people that actually live in the house in order to pay less? That is what happens in insurance all the time, there is always the people with 4 or 5 people paying based on 2 that is why when an undisclosed operator is involved in any sort of an accident it is generally an indication that you had been paying for 2 people when you probably should have paying for 3 or 4.
Hope this helps some

To whom has been affected

AUTHOR: Christopher8967 - (United States of America)

Insurance companies reserve the right to cover a person that is not mentioned in the insurance agreement. By your daughter driving uninsured she could be sued, for instance in my state: a person who is driving uninsured is subject to fine, and if at fault or not may lose their license. I apologize for the losses, without your policy number I can't help you beyond this.

Correct reason?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Was the insurance increase due to the accident or due to you permitting an uninsured driver to use your car?

Correct reason?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Was your insurance increased due to the accident or due to you permitting an uninsured driver to use your car?

GEICO Insurance Really SUCKS!

AUTHOR: TLM - (United States of America)

I changed Insurance Carriers and got a better rate, but GEICO messed up our insurance records.  Also GEICO won't pay for all the medical bills due to the accident.  Also, my vehicle was totaled out and GEICO did not reimburse at a fair market value for the vehicle.

I have had to hire a lawyer to get the medical bills to be paid and for pain and suffering, etc.GEICO really needs to be investigated for their practices.  They act like their "GEICO GODS"!  Their getting away with treating people wrong and doing whatever they want to do to consumers, and noone's doing anything about it!

GEICO Insurance really SUCKS!

AUTHOR: TLM - (United States of America)

My 25 year old daughter, whom did not live with me, borrowed my vehicle and another GEICO driver hit her and was at fault.  Because my daughter was not on our policy, even though the accident was not our daughter's fault, GEICO 'tripled' our insurance rates!!!! GEICO really sucks!  I changed Insurance Carriers and got a better rate, but GEICO messed up our insurance records. GEICO really needs to be investigated for their practices.  They act like their "GEICO GODS"!  Their getting away with treating people wrong and doing whatever they want to do to consumers, and noone's doing anything about it!