Complaint Review: GEM SHOPPING NETWORK INC

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Old Bridge New Jersey United States of America
GEM SHOPPING NETWORK INC
3414 Howell Street, Duluth GA 30096 Duluth, Georgia United States of America

GEM SHOPPING NETWORK INC Purchased 18kt White Gold Emerald ring ,coded inside ring 18kt, went to sell lower grade & stone worthless Duluth, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us directly so we can resolve this for you.

Purchased 18kt white gold 1.95ct Emerald with diamonds (.78CT) in 2003 by way of phone they advertised high end jewelry. Advertised Emerald w/ slight feathering/extremely clean high quality. I spent $2700.00, I bought many pieces of jewelry from this company (also returned some if just not to liking, but if you returned too many times they denied anymore sales,etc) I was recovering (bed ridden)from an disabling auto accident (still disabled) & became sick diagnosed with CRPS/ RSD was unable to wear any item bought in form of a ring ( I never got to wear it besides the 5-10 minutes of receiving & in aww it was pretty couldn't wait to wear. RSD was in Rt hand & foot if I wore anything within 10-15 min hand would blow up extremely painful to even put on. Got to point i couldnt wear any rings including wedding band. But I kept thinking maybe one day I could or my daughter would love them. [continued below]....
.....

Wasnt the case & I held on to them waiting for gold prices to go up to sell. I took the Emerald /dia Ring in Septrmber 2012 to a jewelry store who also bought gold & diamonds. He asked me questions on only this particular ring, asked where I had bought it, if I bought it. I questioned asking is there something wrong? The stamp inside the ring is coded 18kt he then brought over a stone (block) & 2 different solutions one marked 14kt other 18kt when he tested w 18kt no reaction at all when he did the 14kt it barely showed reaction/gold mark. Said its marked 18kt but clearly isn't. Also asked about Emerald stone said if clean would be over an $8000. But the deep crack where prongs were would be worthless & should have never been put in a ring, I said they called it "feathering" normal in all emeralds he gave me his jewelers loop asked me if I ever wore I explained my illness never had chance & just being wasted that's why I was there to see what I can turn it in for. The ring was sold as 18kt & a high quality Emerald..clearly it is not, I took it for a second opinion & again same explaination. Both places told me to file a report against this company if & would be best if I can find the receipt proving they sold /advertised item it was not (gold quality stamp/grade).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEM-SHOPPING-NETWORK-INC/Duluth-Georgia-30096/GEM-SHOPPING-NETWORK-INC-Purchased-18kt-White-Gold-Emerald-ring-coded-inside-ring-18kt-975219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEM SHOPPING NETWORK INC

Please contact us directly so we can resolve this for you.

AUTHOR: S Fischer - (United States of America)

At Gem Shopping Network, now in our 16th year of business, we place great pride in the quality of our merchandise and the scrupulous attention to detail that we employ in our quality control procedures. We are therefore extremely concerned to hear that a customer has reason, albeit some 9 years after its purchase, to believe that an item is not as we stated it to be.

We have no record of this customer contacting us regarding this issue, and would therefore request that Elizabeth makes direct contact with us and allows us, at our cost, to have the piece independently inspected by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). If it is found that a mistake has been made, either with respect to the gold type or stone quality we will of course ensure that the customer receives either a full refund or a replacement item.