Complaint Review: GEMoney

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2011

• Reported By: Chris — Nashua New Hampshire United States of America
GEMoney

GEMoney Lumber Liquidators card Automatically enrolled in "Debt Security" despite telling them I didn't want it Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Read what you agree to

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help - I'm from GE Money

I took advantage of 6 months free credit at Lumber Liquidators with their own brand GEMoney credit card. The first time I called the automated message mentioned something about Debt Security which alarmed me. I spoke to a representative immediately afterwards (on the same call) and was assured that I had not enrolled in anything.
When I got my first bill I was shocked to see that there was a charge to Debt Security 1 866 846 7991

I immediately called the GEMoney phone number ( 1 866 396 8254 ) to dispute this charge. They told me that I had to call the Debt Security number. I told them that I was reporting a fraudulent charge and they still told me to call the DS number. I tried to explain that I had never had any dealings with DS and that I had a card with THEM and that I wanted to dispute the charge. They were not interested in helping me.

This is a complete scam. I will NEVER use any product from GEMoney again and I advise you to steer clear. The only reason I used the interest free offer is because I had a good experience with a similar offer for a Jordans Furniture store card with HSBC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GEMoney/internet/GEMoney-Lumber-Liquidators-card-Automatically-enrolled-in-Debt-Security-despite-telling-693451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GEMoney

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Read what you agree to

AUTHOR: Lynn - (USA)

On the 6 month no intrest agreement is a box that you obviously did not uncheck. Make the call silly.

We'd like to help - I'm from GE Money

AUTHOR: GE Money Media Relations - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gemoneycares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number
- Reference code DM 021011_LL

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,