Complaint Review: GENERAL MOTORS AKA PONTIAC

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:virginia beach Virginia
GENERAL MOTORS AKA PONTIAC
P.O. Box 33172 Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

GENERAL MOTORS AKA PONTIAC PONTIAC NEEDS TO RECALL THE PASSLOCK SYSTEM Detroit Michigan

Pontiac has had several issues with their passlock system for the pontiac grand am. The years run from 99-03. I have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt ram air. I purchased it in 10-05. I have had to replace the passlock system 3 times, the key has been replaced, the ignition switch jhas been replaced, the fuel system. etc.... I have had to put so much money into this car. My insurance company had this car towed 6 times in the first 18 months because it would not start. Each time I had to spend over $500.00. It now sits in my driveway. it will not start. I am letting it go back. i would rather deal with the bad credit becasue now i am behgind on my car payment and my mortgage due to the issues I have had with this car. The lemon law does not apply because it has to be diagnosed 3 times for the same issue. Pontiac is very good about finding other things wrong with it. I have called my bank and let them know the issues I have had. I also told them I was letting the car go. Now it sits in my driveway since then for 2 months. i may have to charge pontiac a storage fee. LOL. What ever you do. DO NOT BUY a pontiac with a Passlock system.

Whyarusomean
virginia beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GENERAL-MOTORS-AKA-PONTIAC/Detroit-Michigan-48232-5172/GENERAL-MOTORS-AKA-PONTIAC-PONTIAC-NEEDS-TO-RECALL-THE-PASSLOCK-SYSTEM-Detroit-Michigan-341753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GENERAL MOTORS AKA PONTIAC