Complaint Review: GENTLE DENTAL , MISSION DENTAL

• Submitted: Sat, November 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Barbara California
GENTLE DENTAL , MISSION DENTAL
330 State St., #A Santa Barbara, California U.S.A.

GENTLE DENTAL ,MISSION DENTAL FAULTY DENTAL WORK, FRAUD, BATTERY, OTHER TORTS Santa Barbara California

I visited this office for two procedures. It was the worst dental experience I have encountered in my life. Here is a partial list of grievances, which I have filed with appropriate authorities, including the Dental Board, DA's office, Better Business Bureau, and Department of Managed Care.

1) Gentle Dental, which operates under a second dba "Mission Dental," under-reduced two teeth before crown placement. This caused two shoddy temporaries (created by their hygienist, rather than the dentist) to break off within 24 hours of placement because, according to an independent dentist, there was not enough room for proper temporaries to be fitted.

2) Gentle Dental placed two partial-sized permanent crowns on my teeth, according to an independent dental examiner. These partial-sized crowns are likely not to last as long or adequately protect my teeth.

3) Gentle Dental charged me $350 for a procedure it did not perform. This was discovered by my insurance company which instructed Gentle Dental to repay me the $350 it fraudulently took from me. However, as of two months later, Gentle Dental refuses to refund the money they fraudulently took from me.

4) A Gentle Dental dentist drilled a large hole through my bridge, which was above a tooth he was preparing for a crown. This was detected and corroborated by three independent dental examiners. Apparently, the Gentle Dental dentist may have hoped to "discover" the hole and force me to pay for a new bridge.

5) Gentle Dental continues to withhold my dental records in violation of Health and Safety Code regulations.

6) Gentle Dental has patients sign boilerplate legal agreements during each visit. The staff attempts to get signatures without showing the entire agreement -- they only present the last page (with blank space) for signature. I have reason to believe the signed documents may be altered post-signing. As of this date, Gentle Dental refuses to give me copies of the legal documents they had me sign, claiming they needed these to complete their work.

7) Instead of sending me my dental records, Gentle Dental sent two scrawled pages of notes to me. On one page, I discovered a fraudulent entry about my treatment.

The Better Business Bureau has given Gentle Dental aka Mission Dental an "F" rating due to unanswered complaints and consumer charges of fraud, overcharging, and more.

Angrytooth
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GENTLE-DENTAL-MISSION-DENTAL/Santa-Barbara-California-93101/GENTLE-DENTAL-MISSION-DENTAL-FAULTY-DENTAL-WORK-FRAUD-BATTERY-OTHER-TORTS-Santa-Barbar-395928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GENTLE DENTAL , MISSION DENTAL