- Report: #395928
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: GENTLE DENTAL , MISSION DENTAL
GENTLE DENTAL , MISSION DENTAL330 State St., #A Santa Barbara, California U.S.A.
GENTLE DENTAL ,MISSION DENTAL FAULTY DENTAL WORK, FRAUD, BATTERY, OTHER TORTS Santa Barbara California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Gentle Dental, which operates under a second dba "Mission Dental," under-reduced two teeth before crown placement. This caused two shoddy temporaries (created by their hygienist, rather than the dentist) to break off within 24 hours of placement because, according to an independent dentist, there was not enough room for proper temporaries to be fitted.
2) Gentle Dental placed two partial-sized permanent crowns on my teeth, according to an independent dental examiner. These partial-sized crowns are likely not to last as long or adequately protect my teeth.
3) Gentle Dental charged me $350 for a procedure it did not perform. This was discovered by my insurance company which instructed Gentle Dental to repay me the $350 it fraudulently took from me. However, as of two months later, Gentle Dental refuses to refund the money they fraudulently took from me.
4) A Gentle Dental dentist drilled a large hole through my bridge, which was above a tooth he was preparing for a crown. This was detected and corroborated by three independent dental examiners. Apparently, the Gentle Dental dentist may have hoped to "discover" the hole and force me to pay for a new bridge.
5) Gentle Dental continues to withhold my dental records in violation of Health and Safety Code regulations.
6) Gentle Dental has patients sign boilerplate legal agreements during each visit. The staff attempts to get signatures without showing the entire agreement -- they only present the last page (with blank space) for signature. I have reason to believe the signed documents may be altered post-signing. As of this date, Gentle Dental refuses to give me copies of the legal documents they had me sign, claiming they needed these to complete their work.
7) Instead of sending me my dental records, Gentle Dental sent two scrawled pages of notes to me. On one page, I discovered a fraudulent entry about my treatment.
The Better Business Bureau has given Gentle Dental aka Mission Dental an "F" rating due to unanswered complaints and consumer charges of fraud, overcharging, and more.
Santa Barbara, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GENTLE-DENTAL-MISSION-DENTAL/Santa-Barbara-California-93101/GENTLE-DENTAL-MISSION-DENTAL-FAULTY-DENTAL-WORK-FRAUD-BATTERY-OTHER-TORTS-Santa-Barbar-395928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.