Complaint Review: GGW (Girls Gone Wild)

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: misochicken — California United States of America
GGW (Girls Gone Wild)

GGW (Girls Gone Wild) Girls Gone Wild, GGW Video, Mantra Films Kept getting charged for unreceived and unordered DVDs. Internet

*Consumer Comment: $4.99 for two DVD's

Several years ago, when I was younger, I thought I'd order the notorious Girls Gone Wild video to see what all the fuss was about. After I paid for the initial order ($4.99 plus shipping/handling for "Girls Gone Wild Doggy Style" and "Girls Gone Wild Ultimate Spring Break), I immediately made sure I cancelled the automatic subscription they put me on. This was back in May of 2004.

For months after that, everything was normal. I didn't receive any more DVDs nor was billed for anything more. Then, I moved to another state. Then onto another.

But then some 20 months or so later, I noticed some surprising charges on my credit card bill. I researched further and noticed charges for the following:

11/02/2005 GGW Video $14.98.
11/30/2005 GGW Video $24.98
12/28/2005 GGW Video $24.98
01/25/2006 GGW Video $24.98
02/22/2006 GGW Video $24.98

Upon further investigation, I found out these DVDs were supposedly shipped to my old apartment in North Carolina, where I haven't been there in almost two years.

I also blame my credit card company for these charges, because these must've been charged to my credit card that had an already expired expiration date. Yet, neither my credit card company nor GGW Video refunded even a penny for all these charges after my official complaints.

I decided to post this example here, mainly to add to let people know that all the complaints are true. These are some corrupt people making a lot of money by exploiting ignorance of youth. As a side note, I've trashed the original DVDs mentioned above a long time ago, too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GGW-Girls-Gone-Wild/internet/GGW-Girls-Gone-Wild-Girls-Gone-Wild-GGW-Video-Mantra-Films-Kept-getting-charged-for-un-913915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GGW (Girls Gone Wild)

$4.99 for two DVD's

AUTHOR: Lane - (United States of America)

It's a little hard to see anyone selling anything on or off tv for so cheep. back in 2003/2004 DVD's were around $24.99 and a feature set with two videos at a price like 4.99. I'd say it was not true. maybe the company is or was i should say into something more. something big enough to cause their own lawsuit.hey after all they only had to pay back 5 bucks to anyone who made a claim. I'm sorry but if I got a charge on my card for crap I didn't buy and it caused me a overdraft fee with my bank I'm gonna not only get a credit back from my bank I'd be getting a explanation on why ggw has personal info on myself my bank and my account number let alone my five bucks.