Complaint Review: GGW, MRA Video

• Submitted: Mon, August 19, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 21, 2002

• Reported By:maple grove mn
GGW, MRA Video
P.O.BOX 9231 Sylmar, California U.S.A.

GIRLS GONE WILD, GGW, MRA Video FRAUDULENT BILLING CHARGED CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION SYLMAR California

*Consumer Suggestion: MRA VIdeo

I ordered the initial Girls Gone Wild video I saw on T.V. A month or two after receiving my videos they sent me another one. I never ordered the second video. They also charged my debit card without my authorization.

There was no mention of a membership or contract on the T.V commercial or when I ordered them on the phone.

After I initially ordered the videos, my friend had told me that they might try to send me more videos, so I tried calling the company a couple weeks after I ordered them. The company said they were a marketing service for Girls Gone Wild and said I had to call the company directly and gave me the number.

I tried 8-10 different times to call the Girls Gone Wild company to make sure they didnt send me anymore tapes. I could never get through, I always was greeted by a recording. Each time I waited about a half-hour, and no one answered the phone.

I even called the initial number u order the tapes from, the marketing company, and told them I couldnt get through to anyone at the other number and also told them I didn't want anymore videos.

I was finally able to get through to a "live" person at Girls Gone Wild. I had to have a lady at my bank make contact with them, then and only then did they cancel my so-called "membership."

I am going to try and contact the Better Business Bureau and report them through that also.

John
Minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2002 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GGW-MRA-Video/Sylmar-California-91392-9231/GIRLS-GONE-WILD-GGW-MRA-Video-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-CHARGED-CREDIT-CARD-WITHOUT-AUTHORIZATI-27367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GGW, MRA Video

#1 Consumer Suggestion

MRA VIdeo

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

To the last person. You tell them you want a direct number or its going to be 1-800- attorney. Because pretty soon the attorney generals office in Calif is going to get flooded with calls, emails, and disgrunted consumers from all over the place about this activity. The postal service is going to get to the bottom of this problem. The owners of MRA are laughing but when the burdon goes the other way they will be caught. I just recently called the number on the internet just to see where that call goes to. They claim they have no control. Also report to your creditor to who you charged the tape to. They should be with you not against you