Complaint Review: GISOL - Global Internet Solutions

• Reported By: t341 — hermosa beach California United States of America
GISOL - Global Internet Solutions
807 n, gardner st la 90046 Internet United States of America

GISOL - Global Internet Solutions Gisol ripped me off for $6300.00 , Internet

I've been with GISOL for over five years.  There were a few outages but they had an easy to used contact interface and those problems were quickly solved.  Last year things began to change.  They shut down my website and demanded that I pay $59 a month because I was using to much bandwidth.  Of course i had to pay for three years up front.  Suddenly several months later they shut down my website again.  It is a business site and we derive part of our revenue from the site.  Gisol knew this and knew they had us over a barrel.  This second shutdown was caused, again, by using to much bandwidth.  Of course this was just a big lie but I had to pay them $4,000 to get the site back up and for three years of "unlimited"  hosting.  I now knew that the site would be shut down again and I would be extorted in a few months for more money.  Of course they owned my domain name, we all know that story, and I decided that I must buy it from them.  I called and they quoted me a price of $1500 plus 15% plus another $300 they said they had to pay to their registering company  (this $300 was a total lie as I found out later they had to pay them 0).  A total of almost $2300.  I agree.  They said I could not use a credit card (wonder why) and I had to go to their bank and wire the money into their account.  They told me the domain name would be transferred in 5 days.  Guess what, it was not transferred.  Through a series of fortunate phone calls and emails I was lucky to get a sympathetic person at their registry to  contact them.  After seven weeks they transferred part of the domain into my name.  PLEASE READ THIS:  There are three parts to a whois domain name listing.  The registrant, the admin and the tech contact.  All they transferred was the registrant not the other two which meant they still controlled by domain name and I could not move it from their server and still had to pay them.  A bunch of dirty rotten crooks.  Please be warned about buying your domain name.  Through another series of fortunate incidents I was able to go around them and have everything put into my name.  I am convinced if I had asked them to put me in as the admin and tech they would have asked for another $2300.  The domain is mine now and I have moved the website to a company where I get the same unlimited package for $9.00 a month versus the $159 that Gisol extorted me for.  Please be warned.  I lost $6300 from them.  I looked them up and they have lost over 700 clients since Jan 2010.  Their policy, since they are not getting new business (suckers) is to extort money from their existing clients whose domain names they own.  My nightmare with Gisol is over and I've learned a valuable lesson.  I'm just lucky I got my domain name from these crooks and liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2010 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GISOL-Global-Internet-Solutions/internet/GISOL-Global-Internet-Solutions-Gisol-ripped-me-off-for-630000-Internet-614894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GISOL - Global Internet Solutions