Complaint Review: GLOBAL CLAIMS INC, SAFECO INSURANCE COMPANIES

• Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:san jose California
GLOBAL CLAIMS INC, SAFECO INSURANCE COMPANIES
1162 MONTGOMERY RD, SEATTLE, Washington 98117 MONTREAL, Other Canada

GLOBAL CLAIMS INC & SAFECO INSURANCE COMPANIES I "ALSO" RECEIVED A $4,970 CHECK! AND WAS TOLD I HAD WON A "CONSUMER'S PROMOTIONAL DRAW" WITH A $250,000 PRIZE! MONTREAL, Other

*Consumer Comment: DUH

*Consumer Comment: Was The Check Real?

I received a $4,970 check along with a letter stating that I had won a "Consumer's Promotional Draw" of $250,00.00 I called and was told that the check was Real and that the check was to cover the payment I was to make to a "tax agent" of $3,968 for tax, s&h and a special insurance that was requiered when dealing with large amounts of money.

I was a heartbeat away from wiring the money through "money gram" when I was notified of the scam.
When I got home I called them and I was told to call back...

Veronica
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-CLAIMS-INC-SAFECO-INSURANCE-COMPANIES/MONTREAL-Other-v8m3g5/GLOBAL-CLAIMS-INC-SAFECO-INSURANCE-COMPANIES-I-ALSO-RECEIVED-A-4970-CHECK-AND-WAS-448976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL CLAIMS INC, SAFECO INSURANCE COMPANIES

DUH

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (U.S.A.)

Of course it was "real". It's just no good. Geeezzzzzz.

Was The Check Real?

AUTHOR: Bigloc - (U.S.A.)

WAs the check real? did you go to the bank and cash it?