Complaint Review: GLOBAL FINANCIAL

• Submitted: Tue, April 22, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, April 22, 2003

• Reported By:CHICAGO Illinois

I recieved a call from Global Financial in regards to this great opportunity to be part of a credit building system in conjuction with a health plan package and many other benefits that I can't quite recall but the one thing that stood out was the agreement to send me a $2500 visa or mastercard, whatever my choice,no interest, pay as you use the card, guaranteed. I was asked for my banking information for a set up fee of $221.95. I was also told that I would be getting a benefit packet in 7-10 business days.

They even went through a verification "recorded line for your protection" sort of thing. After the 7 days passed, something didn't quite sit well with me so I call the 866-411-4466 number and it was busy. The second time that I called I got through but was on hold over an hour. While I was holding, First American called on the other line to confirm everything.

I notified her that I was just calling Global Financial to see what was going on because I haven't recieved any packet or any information. She informed me that in order to recieve the credit card there is a one time fee of $298. They gave me a confirmation number and told me the card will be sent after the draft. I am trying to put a stop on the new transaction however they already got the $221.95. The customer service number is fraudulent because noone is available. Can someone please give me some advice or help to get my money back.

CHICAGO, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2003 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-FINANCIAL/internet/GLOBAL-FINANCIAL-OR-FIRST-AMERICAN-BANK-RIPOFF-CREDIT-CARD-SCAM-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-INTERNE-53954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL FINANCIAL