Complaint Review: GLOBAL TEST MARKET

• Reported By: EHNINGER — APACHE JUNCTION Arizona
GLOBAL TEST MARKET
1351 WASHINGTON BLVD STE 5000 STAMFORD,CT 06902 STAMFORD, Connecticut USA

GLOBAL TEST MARKET SENT A COUNTERFEIT CHECK STAMFORD Connecticut

I received a letter from this company and I had been doing on line surveys for them for about six months. It looked like they wanted me to be a mystery shopper and sent detailed instructions of how to do this along with a check drawn on a Texas bank for 986.00.  I was instructed to deposit the check into my personal banking account which I did and then I called the Texas bank and gave them the routing number etc of the check and was told "Funds were available.

I waited four days and the funds were posted to my account.  I called the number on the letter and was told to go to the nearest Walmart and make two purchases.  One for 20.00 for anything I wanted and the other for 860.00 for a money pak card.  I had to make note of the persons name that wiated on me for both transactions and then call the 888 number to report on my experience at Walmart.  I had to give them the store number and the transaction numbers from both receipts and report the overall experience.  During that process they managed to get the number of the money pak card.

Two days later my bank notified me that the check was being reversed and to take the letter that was coming in a day or two to the branch. I received the letter from my bank and they noted the check was conterfeit. I called money pak and talked to their fraud person and he told me the card I had was zero balance.

So I am retired and living off social security and they managed to get all of our money for the month now we have nothing to live on.  It cost me over 1700.00. It was a hard lesson and I wanted to warn anyone else that might be in my same position.  Don't mess with these guys they are rats!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-TEST-MARKET/STAMFORD-Connecticut-06902/GLOBAL-TEST-MARKET-SENT-A-COUNTERFEIT-CHECK-STAMFORD-Connecticut-1075165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL TEST MARKET