Complaint Review: GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL aka GLOBALINX

• Submitted: Tue, October 29, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, May 27, 2005

• Reported By:Murphy NC
GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL aka GLOBALINX
2300 MAITLAND CENTER PWY, Maitland, Florida U.S.A.

GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL aka GLOBALINX DOUBLE RIPOFF FRAUDULENT BILLING LIES consumer fraud continued into second year Maitland Florida

*Consumer Comment: Hey Wanda You must have been brain washed

*UPDATE Employee: Failure of buyer to read terms does not make Global Travel a "rip off company"

About a year ago I found a bill on my mastercharge that I did not understand. I called the company. The agent said I had applied for a subscription (at 99.00). I had no knowledge of this. I had ordered a radio(off internet) for 1.00. I ask them to cancel the supposed subscription.

I agreed to wait until the radio arrived, then call and cancel. The radio did arrive. But I never followed through with the second call.

Time passed. I decided to call it a lesson well learned-not to order on internet.

Well, it is one year later. Another bill has shown up on my mastercharge for 99.00. I do not intend to let this pass.

I have written a letter to be posted tomorrow and I intend to call tomorrow.

An email address is not to be found.

Phoebe
Murphy, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2002 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-aka-GLOBALINX/Maitland-Florida-32751/GLOBAL-TRAVEL-INTERNATIONAL-aka-GLOBALINX-DOUBLE-RIPOFF-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-LIES-consumer-f-33782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL aka GLOBALINX

Hey Wanda You must have been brain washed

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Hey Wanda,

You must have been brain washed by that company as they are a rip off. if your supposed to become a travel agent you should get paid you shouldn't have to pay. it's an american ripoff all american companies are rip offs

Failure of buyer to read terms does not make Global Travel a "rip off company"

AUTHOR: Wanda - (U.S.A.)

I have worked at Global Travel International for several years and have read this and other complaints about the company. Concerned, I researched each claim and found that the majority who claimed "mysterious charges" had signed up on-line.

This person clearly admitted that she had ordered a free radio on-line ($1 to cover shipping). She was not solicited in any way. The order form required that you check a box stating that you had read & agreed to the terms. The terms stated that she agreed to a 30 day free trial on a membership - they offered several different types so I am not sure which she enrolled in. The terms stated that after the 30 day trial if you did not call to cancel you would be charged $99 for the annual subscription.

This person states that she did call GTIMS but opted to wait until after receiving the radio to cancel her subscription. This was not necessary as the radio was a gift for trying the subscription and would have been sent even if the subscription had been cancelled.

She further states that SHE failed to follow up and cancel the membership and yet she claims that the company is at fault when they renewed the subscription in accordance to the original terms and agreements that she had checked off that she had read and agreed to.

I certainly don't see how this makes Global Travel a rip off company.

Furthermore, Global Travel International and Globalinx have no connection to each other.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC