Complaint Review: GLobalinx

• Submitted: Fri, March 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:Hampton Virginia
275 Kenneth Dr., Suite 100 Rochester, New York U.S.A.

GLobalinx RIP OFF Rochester New York

I signed up for service from Globalinx, I received the modem in the mail. I called to set up the service and was told that my phone number had not ported over. I waited the couple of days as instructed and tried to use the service again. I was still unable to make or receive calls. I called the company again, sent five e-mails asking for assistance. The company sent two reminder e-mails with reference to my bill which I responded that I had yet to receive service. When I call the company again, I was told that my account was closed for nonpayment and that because I did not call to cancel I was charged a cancelation fee which is the exact amount the company was charging me for service. I explained to the representative that I sent e-mails asking for the service to be turned off and he said that he could not see those. I also explained that we never made one call on the service nor did we receive any calls. He claimed that they made a test call and the service worked fine. I would like the deposit I made in the amount of 250. Refunded as well as the 150.00 they charged me for the service which I never received.

As I can see from all of the disgruntled customer complaints, I am not the only consumer Globalinx sought to screw over. The company is indeed dishonest and unreliable; the service is clearly subpar and inconsistent. I am very disappointed I was suckered into this scheme.

Unsatisfied consumer
Hampton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2009 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLobalinx/Rochester-New-York-14623/GLobalinx-RIP-OFF-Rochester-New-York-438151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLobalinx