Complaint Review: GM Card - HSBC

• Submitted: Sat, January 31, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:Paris Kentucky
GM Card - HSBC
PO Box 80082 Salinas, California U.S.A.

GM Card - HSBC customer service refuses to write off the fraudulent charge to my account Salinas California

*Author of original report: Merchant Corrects Situation

*Consumer Comment: Your problem is with the merchant

Charges of $53.90 were made to my GM Mastercard on 9/25/08 for reservations that were cancelled. Reservations and cancellation were handled by phone, no paperwork involved and on the phone was advised by L.A. Watersports that credit card number would NOT be used until we showed up for a dolphin cruise. It turned out it was physically impossible for us to make the 5:00 PM reservation so I called earlier & cancelled.

HSBC is requesting a "copy of their cancellation policy" which I have explained there was none and I was not informed of one. I have no paperwork or anything except an honest truthful explanation of what happened. I did not authorize or sign anything agreeing for this charge to be made.

Refusal to remove this charge is deceptive, dishonest & unethical on the part of the Credit Card Company and the merchant. I have filed complaints on the merchant with BBB of South Alabama, State Attorney General's Office and still no action.

I am closing my account with GM when this is finally resolved and will never use them again. I am not paying the charge and with a lifetime of perfect credit rating I don't expect their turning it over to a collection agency do any attempted harm to my credit. Due to my age, I may never need credit again and they can do whatever they choose.

Ruby
Paris, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2009 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GM-Card-HSBC/Salinas-California-93912-0082/GM-Card-HSBC-customer-service-refuses-to-write-off-the-fraudulent-charge-to-my-account-S-418561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GM Card - HSBC

Merchant Corrects Situation

AUTHOR: R. vice - (U.S.A.)

I would just like to report after 5 months of hassle trying to clear up this matter, the merchant finally has sent a nice letter and refunded the money for cancelled reservations that was charged to my Master Card. Most people would have given up long ago but I knew I didn't owe this money and was determined to get it reversed. Thank God it's finally settled. I have learned a lesson. I will never give a credit card number on the phone again.

Your problem is with the merchant

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

and possibly your own judgment for not looking for a copy of a cancellation policy. How is the card suppose to know you are not trying to scam the company? You gave them your card info and they submitted to the card company. All you have is your word.