Complaint Review: GM Credit Card/HBSC

• Updated: Tue, January 05, 2010

• Reported By: tbthrow — houston Texas United States of America
GM Credit Card/HBSC

GM Credit Card/HBSC GM Credit card HBSC Internet

I am writing this just out of frustration.   I've had a GM Credit card for about five years and have never missed a payment.   I had a very low 5.9% interest rate and found out that it had gone up to 13.99% on my last statement.  I called GM Credit to ask why it had gone up and they said I had opted into their program whereby they raise my interest rate 8 points.   I called (begged really) that they let me opt out of this but they would not let me with the "sorry we cannot help you".   I honestly do not remember opting in for any rate hike.  Its no wonder credit card companies have such a bad name.  I really thought GM was different but they turn out to be just as slimy as the rest.   As you can imagine, I am very down on GM.  I hope no one out there does business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GM-Credit-CardHBSC/internet/GM-Credit-CardHBSC-GM-Credit-card-HBSC-Internet-549771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GM Credit Card/HBSC