Complaint Review: GMAC - ALLY

• Updated: Sun, April 08, 2012

• Reported By: Stephen — Concord New Hampshire United States of America
GMAC - ALLY
P.O. Box 380903 Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

GMAC/ALLY REPOED MY TRUCK WHEN PYMY. WAS MADE BY MY DISABILITY INS.COMPANY. Bloomington, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: 2 things I think you need to do

*Consumer Comment: ALLY ALERT: Anyone can 'Google' this- AIG, GM, ALLY CEO PAY PACKAGES FROZEN, and..

I have disability INS. on my loan. I have had 2 acute heart attacks and then acute sinus veritigo balance migrane and vision problems. I am unable to work at this time and advised gmac/ally the loan holder that cso would be making the payments,and why.They proceded to call me 5 to 8+ times a day each time I had to re-explain to the new person what was going on,knowing they had all info. in front of them on computer.Long story short this went on from feb.2010 to dec.2010. I had also informed ally that this was harassment to no avail. on jan 19th 2012 ally repo. my truck out of my garage,which an ally rep.told me they could not do,but they did.Ally told me they hadnt had a payment in 3 mths. on jan.19 2012 when I had a statement from cso saying all payments were up todate as of dec.2011 and on jan.19 2012 ally cashed the check.Ally kept roling over late fees etc.knowing what was going on so they could take advantage of me,and they did. I know this is not the first time they have done this,its all over the internet. I was working for a germain company when this all started and they treated me like i was family not like ally/gmac. I am not even a grain of sand in the ocean to ally/gmac but I am not through with them. People wonder why our country has goe to hell,its because of this kind of business practicess, and goverment that allows it to happin.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-ALLY/Bloomington-Minnesota-55438-0903/GMACALLY-REPOED-MY-TRUCK-WHEN-PYMY-WAS-MADE-BY-MY-DISABILITY-INSCOMPANY-Bloomington-846281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC - ALLY

2 things I think you need to do

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

First, if you haven't already, file a police report and demand the repo person be arrested for theft, breaking/entering, whatever fits the bill. He/she might well have been within their legal wiggle room to take your truck, depending on circumstances, but try your luck pressing charges anyway.
Was your garage closed/locked at the time? Whether it was open for the taking may be important in defense of the repo person. but if you can show your local DA'soffice the proof that truck was paid up to date, I would think you could demand they treat the repo as grand theft.

Second, see if your disability insurer will help you fight Ally to get that vehicle back.
If not, sorry to say, you need legal help. If the bills were getting paid, it shouldn't take a world class lawyer to get action, and perhaps even compensation for the aggravation, loss of use, repairs/loss of value if they messed the vehicle up in any way, etc. Any schmuck ambulance chaser worth their license to practice ought to be able to get something done for you.

You need to have the terms of your loan gone over carefully to make sure Ally wasn't actually within their rights due to some fine print clause to preemptively strike and grab the truck due to your inability to make the payments without assistance, even a disability plan. I wouldn't think they could have legal cause to repo, but that's what you ought to have a lawyer tell you for certain.

I'm assuming the truck is worth more than your state's small claims limit, but hopefully you won't have to go as far as taking Ally to court.

Keep us updated.

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

read the related articles on the web.

***NATIONWIDE BANK ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and read the Ripoff Reports from people all over America for important information if you have a bank account or a mortgage in the USA.