• Report: #732006

• Updated: Tue, May 24, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — New Waverly Texas USA
GMAC Auto
Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

GMAC Auto Ally Financial illegal repossesion by GMAC in 2009 after repeated attempts to resolve matter. They usually hung up on me after saying the offer was off the table. They did not honor their agreement they had with me Bloomington, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Another case of a consumer

*General Comment: He tried to pay

*Consumer Comment: It's always the fault of the finance company

I purchased my 2004 Chevy Silverado new and financed with GMAC. I was going through a divorce and lost my job...a great time in lfe. I stayed in contact with GMAC and made payments as I could.
As thngs got worse I made agreements to settle the past due amounts within a period of time. When I got to the bank to get a cashiers check for GMAC, I would call them to make sure the amount was correct. Every time (half a dozen at least), they said the offer had changed and in the long run, GMAC said come up with the toal pay off or return the vehicle.
Many times when I tried to speak with a GMAC agent, I was eith on hold 45 minutes with no one picking up or in most situations they just hung up on me.

Every time it was someone new, or a different person with a different story.
I told them, "Please take my money!"
They never honored their deal with me and I then bought another car and called them and said to come pick it up and stick it up your ****!
It took them 7 months to come get the truck. [continued below]....
.....

Worst experience with trying to resolve after a nasty divorce, job loss and starting over...I couldn't believe a company could treat me like dirt after 4 years of owning the truck.
They were in bankruptcy at the time and were getting billions from the US government...they wanted to show a loss, so they refused every offer they made and I attempted.
Now it's on my credit report after they sold the truck.
I tried everything to pay GMAC...they simply didn't honor their agreements....period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2011 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-Auto/Bloomington-Minnesota-55438/GMAC-Auto-Ally-Financial-illegal-repossesion-by-GMAC-in-2009-after-repeated-attempts-to-re-732006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC Auto

Another case of a consumer

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Trying his darndest to do the right thing, but the lies and dishonesty of the lenders ruins the day.

#2 General Comment

He tried to pay

AUTHOR: pontiac_dvr - (United States of America)

Sounds to me like he tried to pay what he owed, but couldn't ever get a straight answer from his lender.

It's always the fault of the finance company

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I made agreements to settle the past due amounts within a period of time"
"I would call them to make sure the amount was correct."

They took the deal off the table because you failed to pay within the agreed time period.

"Now it's on my credit report"

And there it shall remain.

"they simply didn't honor their agreements....period"

Not correct. You failed to honor the agreement.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC