Complaint Review: GMAC - David J. Stern

• Submitted: Sat, May 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2008

• Reported By:St. Augustine Florida
GMAC - David J. Stern
3451 Hammond Avenue Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

GMAC Mortgage Company - Attorney David J. Stern attorney at the bequest of GMAC, violated the Florida Consumer Collection Practice. Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Susan/Yes/You do have recourse

In March 2005, as a recently divorced single woman, filed bankruptcy in the state of Florida and through an attorney, which advised me my house and car were exempt if I kept up the payments. Shortly after, I received a very intimidating packet from the Law offices of David Stern, demanding several hundreds of dollars, of which the amount escalated each day they were not paid. I had no idea what this was about, as it referenced my home mortgaged with GMAC and threatened with foreclosure. I tried calling several times and was put on hold, could never reach anyone other than a gate keeper who told to "pay the money". It was a lot of money for "nothing". I sent numerous letters and tried calling to get an explanation. I was told he had been retained by GMAC to collect mortgage premiums. Pressure from David Stern compounded the agony I was going through going into bankruptcy. I was so frightened by the implied threats, I borrowed the money and paid the entire amount. There never was a correlation that I could see between GMAC and David J. Stern, GMAC retained him, they got their money, he got money for nothing. I am still in my home (refinanced of course, and guess with who? Homecomings!) so I am closing on a refinance this week with anyone but GMAC and Homecomings. I recently happened upon an article which mentioned GMAC and David J. Stern which certainly peaked my curiosity. I am not the only one to fall prey to unscrupulous tactics. Is there any recourse at this late?

Susan
St. Augustine, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2008 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-David-J-Stern/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida/GMAC-Mortgage-Company-Attorney-David-J-Stern-attorney-at-the-bequest-of-GMAC-violated-334662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC - David J. Stern

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Susan/Yes/You do have recourse

AUTHOR: Miss Guardian - (U.S.A.)

Susan, Please apply for a reopening of your case. Have you ever thought about jumping on board for a class action suit against The Law Offices Of David J. Stern, P.A. We have heard a lot of buzz about generated interest brewing?! Please request a complaint form to be mailed to you in the meantime from the BBB * The Florda Bar* complaining about The Law Offices Of Davd J. Stern & how you believe that you have suffered! Present facts, dates case # etc.! Take action to accomplish your victory today!